Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skip @ Cigarette drops Martin Marine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82983-skip-%40-cigarette-drops-martin-marine.html)

THEJOKER 07-10-2004 04:55 PM

Skip @ Cigarette drops Martin Marine?

I just got a phone call from a good friend of mine that told me Skip fired Martin Marine as their dealer. What a bunch of BS! The Martin's are good , honest people and I'm sure they didn't deserve this. It just goes to show that Skip has no loyalty to anybody. My buddy also told me that the plant shut down for an early vacation because they didn't have many orders. I'm not knocking the boats, we all know they are awesome but how can you get rid of your oldest dealer? What a shame! BH

SuperCig1 07-10-2004 05:04 PM

Re: Skip @ Cigarette drops Martin Marine?

I will believe that one when I see it. :(

thedonz 07-10-2004 05:08 PM

WHAT??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

open87 07-10-2004 05:13 PM

no way :eek: :eek:

105mph_38_2003 07-10-2004 05:22 PM

Don't all the plants shut down for vacation at a certain time of year? Does anyone know their production numbers for 2004? How many boats do they usually do on average just out of curiosity?

open87 07-10-2004 05:26 PM

hey 105 , ever sell that kick ass house???

spitfire1 07-10-2004 07:12 PM

I just got a phone call from a good friend of mine that told me Skip fired Martin Marine as their dealer. What a bunch of BS! The Martin's are good , honest people and I'm sure they didn't deserve this. It just goes to show that Skip has no loyalty to anybody. My buddy also told me that the plant shut down for an early vacation because they didn't have many orders. I'm not knocking the boats, we all know they are awesome but how can you get rid of your oldest dealer? What a shame! BH
I would wait until some details if any come out before casting any stones...... :argue:

Indy 07-10-2004 07:14 PM

Maybe Tres can confirm/deny this statement.

WetKitty42 07-10-2004 10:17 PM

I don't think Skip has any loyalty to the Martins. I have dealt with Craig and Martin Marine when I bought Skip's personal boat. (Dark Tide). A few promises by CRT through Martin were broke, and it seemed they (Skip & Neal) didn't care.

It all boils down to the Almighty dollar.

With Lipship, National, and Martin all in South Florida, somebodies going to get squeezed. I sure hope it's not the Martins, for they are a great bunch of people to deal with.

Fred

Hydrocruiser 07-10-2004 10:25 PM

Martin usually ordered Cig's with "tamer power" for the floor and special ordered anything a customer wanted beyond that. They have been light on 04 stock lately though. Buts lots of nice used Cig's.