Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83058-beware-cobalt-i-cant-believe-im-admitting.html)

boatme 07-12-2004 01:01 PM

Re: Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this!

musta come across apache bad water :)

Wasabe 07-12-2004 01:02 PM

Too bad one of them Cigar boats wasn't there! :D :D :D

mlitefan 07-12-2004 01:11 PM

I met a guy down at Kerr lake a few weeks ago running a 22 Crownline. Talk about a sleeper. This was one bas ass boat! Looked completly stock, other than a very dark smoked windshield. Sounded NASTY!!

He made a run by me and was hauling. He had 850HP in this 22 foot open bow and ran 83 with my gps in his boat. Chine walking made him back out and he had a lot left.

That same weekend, I met a guy in a 24 HTM with a 540 and 600+ HP. He was running in the 80's with five decent sized adults in his boat. That HTM was rock solid going across the water.

RebarBox 07-12-2004 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I was running down the lake Saturday, and a new Cobalt pulled up next to me. We both got into the throttles, and he was pulling away from me slightly :eek: Fortunately a lake lice cut in front of me and I had to shut down before I got too embarrased :( It was the only time ever I actually didn't mind being cut off :D :D I hear it had 575's in it. He was running a strong 80! :rolleyes: YES I just opened the door for the Apache comments! :drink:

Well Sh!t!

The Cobalts were the only boats on the lake I could beat......now I have to watch out for them too. :eek: :eek: :D

WARPARTY36 07-12-2004 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boatme
musta come across apache bad water :)

It was flat water and my boat hates flat water. Oh, I forgot to mention it was the guy that owns Cobalt.

Clay Washington 07-12-2004 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
There was a new 34 cobalt in our shop two weeks ago, it had 525's XR's. It was sweet. While on the topic of sleepers there is a new 22 crownline in Texas to watch out for now, 630hp.

What part of Texas? All of the locals know about me and my 600+hp whipplecharged 502, but the newbees are still alot of fun. :D

Dblvanos 07-12-2004 03:55 PM

HAHA, I like doing just that to the lake lice who think they are the fastest thing on the lake. I came up behind this guy the other day just taking his time making huge s turns blocking the river. He finally realizes I am behind him and straightens out, leans forward and guns it. I look over at my girlfriend, she says "you just have to do it don't you" I smile and go WOT. I am driving a cobalt 223 with a 454 mag, bravo one, corsa thru hulls. Of course this guy keeps looking back and is confused that I am closing in on him. I pass him and eventually come to my cove and set anchor. As I am setting anchor he comes by and waves and inquires to how I beat him. I am just on a small inland lake, but it is fun being a sleeper.

Comanche3Six 07-12-2004 05:24 PM

Are you sure you didn't forget to put one of your props on? It happens you know.

ragtop409 07-12-2004 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ya they are pretty bad ass but so is the $$$$ tag! Here is the one I saw in the lake in Seattle. It had the new 525 and all the good's. Rag's

Spine Tingler 07-12-2004 09:10 PM

Pack and the boys at Cobalt have always built a top notch product and they have done their homework on the new designs. Maybe Paxton has something to do with that. This boat is also filled with creature comforts.