Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Another boat flipped

Looks like they had the drives turning in also
Old 07-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still are turning in.... in fact if you look at old pics of Tres in the Virgin top Gun they turned the props in also.....
Old 07-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Higher Ins rates are a comin soon fella's
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
Back in June when we beat this subject to death the incident rate was almost equally split...with the v bottom leading by one....this is logical since there are more v bottoms out there than cats by a wide margin.......so it is not a fair comparison.....but since you seem to enjoy statistics and such I would assume you would already know this........
You also don't hear about all the incidents. Last weekend a 34' cat barrel rolled 3 times on Havasu, and I have not seen anything on this site about it.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
You also don't hear about all the incidents. Last weekend a 34' cat barrel rolled 3 times on Havasu, and I have not seen anything on this site about it.

What happens in Havusa stays in Havasu. The Good, The Bad, The Parties, The Accidents and the nakedness.....

Just kidding........

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane B
You are correct they were out testing
Thanks Shane B!

My memory is not always the best....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-12-2004, 08:23 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bottom line is , they ALL have the potential to get out of shape real fast.

A T/S will bite the hand that feeds them.

Rick OSG
Old 07-12-2004, 10:22 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I really am amazed at all of the conversation on the safety and handling characteristics of the stepped hulls. All one has to do is run a stepped hull, even a 42 tiger with side by sides at 95-100 across 3-4 footers in a straight line and then jump in a non stepped hull, try a Cig or Sutphen 39 and run across the the same water at the same speed. Granted the old hulls will definetly take more to get there. But, the ride charcteriscics are totally different. Everytime the hull re-enters you can feel the difference. My limited experince with the stepped hull gave me the feeling like I was running on marbles and the rear of the boat was basically sliding around, and did not track in a line as straight as the non stepped. But then again, the same thing that makes them fast in a straight line makes them somewhat slippery.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rainmn
I'd be curious to know how many have been built total, and of those, how many have been over. Not trying to stir anything up, I think they are awesome boats. I just seem to recall hearing about quite a few of them going over.

Me too. I just want to be safe since Jeffery has one. And I'm learning how to drive it. I don't want to make the same mistakes they did.

AND you people who own FORMULA's or Apache's I don't want to hear a WORD
Old 07-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never intended on this being a v-hull, conventional hull, cat hull pissing match. Cig 1, point is, the guy has handled a fast boat. I've never been in a Skater but 100+ (which most or all will do) certainly is some means for experience over going 65 in a v-hull. (or whatever speed they were actually going, 65 was reported) It CAN happen to anyone, whatever hull. How many times do you wear life vests while running? If you don't, they were smarter than you. Or at least less cocky.

Kaama
It was at Gene Klock (SP?) park area in Benton Harbor actually, N of the pierheads. In 18' of water, meaning fairly close to shore. Boat had IL registration numbers and owner is out of MI City I heard. So, it wasn't a local boat, just in for the poker run action or spectating. Oh, today I heard the other yellow AT in the area is getting a makeover. Sounds like you might need more horsepower.

Quick Reply: Another boat flipped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.