Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another boat flipped (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83065-another-boat-flipped.html)

ONESICKGLADIATOR 07-13-2004 07:40 AM

Re: Another boat flipped

3 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by audacity
yeah this thing has been beat'n to death! someone asked me the other day what boat would you buy right now...not many come to mind!...the 36 gladiator is one of them! VERY cool boat! this sport and or hobby is filled with egos...ask 1000 men if they are good at driving and good at sex...any takers what the percentages would be!?...modern day equipment FAR exceeds the ability of those that buy it....be it cars, motorcycles, BOATS, and especially EGOS. sport-bike crashes are WAY up...their design must have a flaw...could NEVER be the people operating them???

i love this!:"when to let off - ALWAYS leaning towards sooner rather than later"....like i said, everyone knows...chop the throttles w/poor timing and guess what happens....ever hear of bow steer???...not to mention most boats are utilizing BIG wheels these days with 4, 5! and 6!blades...

just because the equipment is capable, dosn't mean you are...

And if you dont believe Joe here...call your insurance agent and get the details on some of the accidents.....you will be surprised at some of the circumstances surrounding them.......

here is a 42' fountain that did it on land going into a turn to hard.
I guess you never know when or were it will happen.

Rick OSG

RJ1340 07-13-2004 12:40 PM

FYI:
Most stepped hulls flip when the driver lets off going into a turn. Also, I heard about the St. Joe incident from someone who was up there and saw a boat towed in upside down (he didn't mention if the bottom/top was stepped or not)

BLee 07-13-2004 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
Higher Ins rates are a comin soon fella's :stupid:

and we will pay them just like the gas prices. Gotta have it! :cool:

spitfire1 07-13-2004 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
How about 2 at once........

Brett.....it has already been well established that you are the resident rich guy........ :cool:

dhlaw 07-13-2004 07:41 PM

I guess my attempt at sarcasm didnt work...... now I look like a rich guy. I think overextended and optimistic is a better description!! Oh well....

Formula Outlaw 07-13-2004 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by audacity
yeah this thing has been beat'n to death! someone asked me the other day what boat would you buy right now...not many come to mind!...the 36 gladiator is one of them! VERY cool boat! this sport and or hobby is filled with egos...ask 1000 men if they are good at driving and good at sex...any takers what the percentages would be!?...modern day equipment FAR exceeds the ability of those that buy it....be it cars, motorcycles, BOATS, and especially EGOS. sport-bike crashes are WAY up...their design must have a flaw...could NEVER be the people operating them???

i love this!:"when to let off - ALWAYS leaning towards sooner rather than later"....like i said, everyone knows...chop the throttles w/poor timing and guess what happens....ever hear of bow steer???...not to mention most boats are utilizing BIG wheels these days with 4, 5! and 6!blades...

just because the equipment is capable, dosn't mean you are...

Well Said..........!!!!

R Addiction 07-13-2004 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by lotoparty
NO , the bottom line is , they ALL have the potential to get out of shape.

You are right there Lotoparty!! Even 28 Apaches.....been there done that!! It's not the boat all the time, it's more the driver's inexperience. Just hope everybody is OK!!

check freak 07-13-2004 09:40 PM

There is no Gladiator that docks anywhere in MC. I have never seen one coming in or out of the harbor. There is a sweet one that sits on a lift in New Buffalo Mi, pretty sure it was not there when I drove throught the marina last Sunday.

KAAMA 07-14-2004 05:30 AM

In reference to the Gladiator accident, as far as I can remember, the water conditions in St. Joseph and the rest of Michigan's west shoreline on Friday were very calm with winds coming out of the East to SE at less than 5mph which will make water conditions relatively flat as it was the rest of the weekend---it turned out to be a very beautiful weekend.

open87 07-14-2004 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
I guess my attempt at sarcasm didnt work...... now I look like a rich guy. I think overextended and optimistic is a better description!! Oh well....

phalezzz :rolleyes: