Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another idiot on the river (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83075-another-idiot-river.html)

CAP071 07-12-2004 07:43 PM

Re: Another idiot on the river

Higher Ins rates are a comin soon fella's

CBlakeNS 07-12-2004 08:56 PM

Pretty rediculis.

mopower 07-12-2004 09:26 PM

His name must beDICK

hp500efi 07-13-2004 04:41 PM

pier3pressure

I know of the Island you speak of....was always shallow there for me so we usually kept headed South towards Dresbach Island.

I will see if he is out and let you know what I find....:D

pier3pressure 07-13-2004 07:17 PM

hp500efi

Have a great run, just remember to keep it between the buoys, lots of nasty wing-damns :eek:

Are you coming north at the end of August for the Liquid Jungle Poker Run?

Caincando1 07-13-2004 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by pier3pressure
My buddy and I were running the Mississippi River (both in powerquest boats 29 and 26 respectfully) between Trempealeau and LaCrosse and ran into an unfortunate event. We pulled off the main channel and headed to my parent’s cabin (I think it’s year 18 this summer) to show them my buddies new boat. This stretch of water is dominated by open bow boats and ski boats, sand beaches on the end and right side of channel and houses along the left side. We were only running about 40 mph when we rounded the corner and started heading to the cabin. There were plenty of boats hanging out on the beach and NO tow activity in the channel (skiing, tubing etc). As we passed the island people were waving and everything seemed normal. I pulled into our dock first and started pulling lines to secure the boat. My buddy was roughly 100 yards behind me waiting to raft up. Next thing I know some A**hole (teal colored mastercraft) comes flying directly at the boats just about ramming into the side of my buddy :eek: , he turns quickly spraying his wake up and into the cockpit of the boat, circles out front of the dock and comes back telling us to F-off at the top of his lungs. Needless to say we are both dumbfounded by this behavior. We see that he is now heading back to the beach and figure all is well, just another drunk on the water! About 10 minutes goes by and this guy comes back, this time with a passenger and pulling two kids on a tub. He is swerving all over the channel giving the kids a fun ride and creating a lot of waves for the docks. He circles in front of our dock pulling multiple figure eights and flipping us the bird. Docks are bouncing everywhere and the boats are just rockin’. At this point I’m pissed off enough :hothead: to get back in my boat and have a few words with this guy (he would not power down and come over to the dock to talk). We motor to the middle of the channel and flag him down. This guy starts yelling at me to slow down while going by the island while yelling every swear word in the book. What kind of example is he setting for his kids? Keep in mind this is he same a**hole that was just going at least 40-50 mph trying to run into us and now he wants to pick a fight with his kids on a tub behind him? What kind of example is this clown setting for his kids? After we exchange pleasant-tries :argue: , the only thing this guy would scream to me was “big boat small penis.” He now decides to take off again with his kids, this time whipping them on the tube right into the bow of my buddies boat (almost). He saw it coming, through it in reverse, jumped on the throttles and the kids missed by less than a foot otherwise they would have nailed him. I radioed for the sheriff and DNR, however they were not in that pool in order to help us out. I contacted my sister-in-law who also runs that stretch of water and she informed me that this individual thinks he owns the island basicly, he’s the chief A**hole of the area. :blaster:

Sorry this got so long winded I just needed to vent my frustration due to the lack of control, respect this guy has for the river and the people around him. He is lucky no one got killed during his drunkin’ stuper.

If you run this stretch of the river keep your eyes open, this guy is a loose cannon.

Thanks for the heads up. We usually stick to pools 4,5 and 5a. We venture down there once in a while. We'll be sure to pack the bat for our next trip South. :blaster:

Caincando1 07-13-2004 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by hp500efi
I am headed out that way this weekend. Are you talking about the big sand island on the Minni side just upstream from Dresbach Island? maybe around mm707 ?

I will keep my eye open for this idiot.

Hay bud are you coming up to play with us this weekend? :cool:

RollWithIt 07-13-2004 08:30 PM

This guy sounds like the same guys that drive past our marina half on plain and half off. Best part is the river is at least a couple thousand feet wide but they insist on doing this 20 feet out. Thats why we brought the potato gun over. :)

Formula Outlaw 07-13-2004 08:35 PM

Like my mother used to say:

"There are usually more azzholes walking around,
than sitting on toilets"

Wasabe 07-13-2004 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
Two words, midnight drainplug.

:eek:

:D :D :D