Notices

3" Trailer Winch Straps

Old 07-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 3" Trailer Winch Straps

It stopped raining so I put it on. It fits between the winch nicely, no room to fold or wrap. My drum has a welded center post with a bolt thru it. There are also some small holes on either side of the center post. I ran a long bolt thru the loop and holes to hold it in the drum. I hooked it to the trailer and cranked hard, the strap is not moving yet but is winding tight on the drum. I am sure it will break in and tighten after a few launches. I would say 10ft would be enough but I think this will work fine. It is really heavy duty and the stitching does not stress at all which is where I wanted the strength, that and the hook, this one is major and will never break. I have a Fulton winch and it is 3" wide but nothing special.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:28 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I have HD ratchet straps in stock. They will not break. I can make them any length, and with any hooks that you see on the board above.

I just spoke to Warparty36, mine is on the way - thank you very much!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is Awesome!! I was just looking to replace mine!! It's a 3in. strap as well.
Do you have different color's??

Also, if your going to market these, you ought to market rear tie downs also, the stainless ones you mentioned earlier would be super cool!!!! How much???
Old 07-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered

Awesome is right! I've gone thru 2 ea. 2" straps this year on a 3" winch. I was going fabricate some spacers for the pulley, but this 3" strap sounds like the cats ass.

Warparty36....you have mail!

Bruce
Old 07-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
This is Awesome!! I was just looking to replace mine!! It's a 3in. strap as well.
Do you have different color's??

Also, if your going to market these, you ought to market rear tie downs also, the stainless ones you mentioned earlier would be super cool!!!! How much???
I have 2" ratchet tie downs for the transom. They are much stronger than the ones at the marine stores. They are $15.00 each plus freight. Blue is the only color I have right now. I looked into stainless, and they are expensive and not as strong as what we have now. If you send me an address, I also need to know if it is a business or residence. Freight(ups) is cheaper to a business.

[email protected]
Old 07-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

TURTLE,SANTI,& BRUCE. Your straps shipped ups ground today. Thank you, and let me know if you need transom straps.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

Mine showed up today and all I can say is WOW! Heavy duty and beyond what I've seen anywhere. Thank you Warparty and I hope you sell a lot of these to fellow OSOers.

Thanks for a great product!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

I'm glad you liked it. So far, everyone has been pleased. What do you other guys think? Is there any way to improve it?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:04 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I'm glad you liked it. So far, everyone has been pleased. What do you other guys think? Is there any way to improve it?
I justed checked with the mail to, nothing yet. I'll check again tomorrow. I think you mailed last Friday, if nothing by tomorrow I'll ask for the UPS tracking number. Thanks,
Old 07-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Banned

My drum only measures 2.25" wide. What do the rest of you guys drums measure? I've got a cable on mine now, and I hate it.

Quick Reply: 3" Trailer Winch Straps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.