Notices

Today's rant!

Old 07-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today's rant!

Ok, so in March I pulled my exhaust mufflers off and sent them back to Teague. After a couple of weeks we didn't from them, so I gave Teague a call. They had not received them. A call to the Post Office confirmed that they had lost them the day after receiving them. We had to wait a month before being able to file a claim. A month passed and filed the paperwork. They promptly lost it. We waited another month and refiled it. They received this paperwork and the claim has been "pending" ever since. I finally got disgusted and was able to locate somebody within the beurocracy that gave a damn and could get things done. She was able to track the paperwork down and determined that it was going to be denied. The reason? The quote we had gotten from Teague to replace the tips dated BEFORE we had filed the second set of papers! WTF? It's just a date! Fine, we'll just changed the date and resubmit the quote.

By now so much time had gone by that I decided to just place a order with Teague for the replacements. I placed this order last week after months of frustration. Because my original tips were lost, I sent Teague my trim rings to match the angle too.

So this rep calls up Teague to confirm in the tips never arrived. Teague tells here that they came in some time ago, that they had been repaired and sent back! What? No, they never came in! Remember I sent these to them months ago! I told the rep that they must have confused my order for some replacement tips with my original order for repairs. I ask her to call Teague back and confirm that this is true.

In the meantime, I call Teague back and tell them what the rep had just told me, "That my claim was going to be denied because the tips had arrived". He was pretty confused and asked for an hour to call me back.

I got a call back. It turns out that the original tips had been received a couple of weeks ago and they had just sent them out YESTERDAY! Teague, not realizing that they were "missing" had just repaired them and sent them back out without ever contacting me. Of course, my replacement tips proably crossed the original ones on the fabrication floor. After some haggling, the post office has agreed to refund my original shipping charges. They didn't want to refund them because "after all the package was received". Yea, 3 MONTHS LATER!
Old 07-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Today's rant!

That reminds me of the last time I shipped my prop via USPS...It took a month for it to get to where it was going and the whole time they had been telling me that it was lost and I'd need to file a claim. Same thing, I had to wait a month...I was pissed.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

This is why I don't use the USPS for anything. They lose too many things to be reliable. I don't even send bills anymore. I pay them on line or by phone. Seems the only thing the USPS is good for these days is flooding my mail box with JUNK MAIL!! Pounds of it every week!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL! It sucks when you're measuring junk mail in pounds!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, I always considered bills to be "junk mail" too. lol
Old 07-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use ups or fed ex for everything. I will know whether they got it or not. did you use regular mail?

I'm happy to hear you got them back.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:24 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

WASABE----

I have an excuse for being on here 24-7... Please advise what you are doing during the daylight hours to be on OSO as much as a "Blue Hair"??? Do you , like, woik??
Old 07-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Steve should offer me a job on OSO?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hey, I have more posts than you do, I got first dibs on any OSO jobs!!!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

This wasn't regular mail, but the postal services package delivery. They track and insure packages just like ups or fedex.

Quick Reply: Today's rant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.