Notices

Freeport LI, NY

Old 07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Freeport LI, NY

lucy on LI!!! rockin!!!!

i'd say i'd come to the impromptu OSO/LUCY meet and greet freeport is like directly south of me (i'm on eth north shore) but unfortunatly i'm gonna be in CT racing that weeked

enjoy our lovely little island. If you have some spare time and just want to explorei highly recommend a swing up through the northshore by like huntington, cold spring harbour and oyster bay cove. its quite nice up taht way if you go by boat. COCO's in huntinton. its a long idle and the harbor patrol can be a littel gestapoesque but is a cool place to go on yoru boat!
Old 07-17-2004, 08:06 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I miss Puder's Spelling
Glad to have you posting again, it really make my brain work to read your posts

xxoo
SG
Old 07-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Registered

Lucy,

Give me a call when you and mark get into town. I'd love to meet you guys. (and the Apache too!) I'm 5 minutes from Freeport.

Fred (Scalp Taker)

516-456-9451
Old 07-18-2004, 01:34 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Hey Lucy, glad you and Mark are checking out our neighbourhood. Is this your first time up here?

My boat is still at Spinnackers. Please make sure you have a NY chip in your chartplotter, number of groundings from Freeport north has got to be well over a hundred this year.

Surely the OSO family can organize some sort of beachbash/beer night for these two!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

There's plenty of places to go,it's a big bay out past the captree bridge and to fire island,paddy magee's in island park is cool also tripps 917 468 3607
Old 07-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Re: Freeport LI, NY

Hi puter have fun in ct racing, and thank you for the info. Speed girl keep up the good work "spelling bee". Hola fred, will be in touch!. CBR, I have not been there in a while, Mark is from Long Island, but we have not been there with the boat since 1990. Hello Tripps, paddy magee's looks like fun, will call you.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:04 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Hey Lucy, did not know Mark was from L.I. Its amazing how Long Island has spread its boating talent around the country.

Tons of places to skipper your boat to eat on the water. One of my favorites is the Snapper Inn in Oakdale, like a private club. The dock staff makes it easy to eat at Flynn's in Ocean Beach Park, Fire Island. Call first. Bring your beach stufffor Flynn's. Lots of places in Ocean Beach to eat, but crowded there and tough to get a spot to dock.

Be sure to check out the incredible Sunken Forest and all the boardwalks at Sailor's Haven. Then you could walk to the Gay Town of Cherry Hill for first class food at several restaurants overlooking the water.

Warning: take the cement path to Cherry Hill from Sailor's Haven to minimize your time on the beach walk to Cherry Hill. Nothing like two fat naked middle aged men holding hands and running down the beach towards you to put you off your dinner!

I'll be back from Vancouver on July 27th and back to work in Manhattan the 2nd of August, so I'll monitor this board to see what sort of dinner gets organized by the time I return. If you folks are around the first week of August, and up for lunch in NYC, let me know.