Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Herring Props..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83335-herring-props.html)

spitfire1 07-15-2004 07:29 PM

Herring Props.....

1 Attachment(s)
Who's running them.....how do you like them??? I am thinking of replacing my Bravo 1's on the Gladiator.......but damn....these props are pricey....

open87 07-15-2004 08:46 PM

Re: Herring Props.....

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
Who's running them.....how do you like them??? I am thinking of replacing my Bravo 1's on the Gladiator.......but damn....these props are pricey....

you own a gladiator , those props should cost you a weeks worth of fuel :eureka: :D :D

Donzi Corleone 07-15-2004 09:01 PM

I still hear many of the racers like the Merc. Racing props..Callan Marine,and we know what type of hardware they bring to the table uses Merc. Racing props.....

dhlaw 07-15-2004 09:04 PM

Hey Rich,
I had some real interesting results with the P5X's on the Gladiator. We didnt lose any top end but we shaved a ton of time off of our 65 to 80 mph times. I was running a pretty high X dimension at the time but I think the results are indicative of the performance of the props. If you have questions drop me a note. These were also the first set of props and they were not labbed.

Brett

spitfire1 07-15-2004 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Hey Rich,
I had some real interesting results with the P5X's on the Gladiator. We didnt lose any top end but we shaved a ton of time off of our 65 to 80 mph times. I was running a pretty high X dimension at the time but I think the results are indicative of the performance of the props. If you have questions drop me a note. These were also the first set of props and they were not labbed.

Brett

Hi Brett.....you know I was running some Hydromotive Q-4 props on the Top Gun....and I was very unhappy with them...granted they were not five bladed variety, but the cavitation with them was just terrible...it had better top end than the bravo 1s...but I just couldnt stand the poor performance out of the hole....that and falling off plane at anything less than 30.....one other problem I noticed with them was that they seemed to bend easily....maybe I just had an old pair...but I was not impressed.....

spitfire1 07-15-2004 09:18 PM

What is the difference between the P-5x and the P-5? They are advertised on Throttle ups site for the same price....999.00

Jassman 07-15-2004 09:20 PM

Ive had 2 sets on Radio Active, and both times blades blew off. If you guys all remember the last set which was new I had that engraving (flames) put on them at our shop, I posted the pic of them on here. The blade blew off in the Tic Faw PR last year its been over 15 mos and numerous phone calls, but I can't get any satisfaction. A terrible way to run a business, especially after Jim admitted he had problems with one of his suppliers overseas. So to answer your question, I never put more than 4 hours on the set of them...they suck. Jeff Jassby

spitfire1 07-15-2004 09:21 PM

Thanx.....I didnt have a real good opinion of them to begin with.....I guess you get what you pay for...... :rolleyes:

ONESICKGLADIATOR 07-16-2004 06:21 AM

Hey Rich
Go with the 6 blade hering props. Yes they are pricey but the best for the set up you are running. 30 x 15.5 6 blades. As for service & getting them on the phone I have not had any problem working with them.

Rick OSG

super termoli 07-16-2004 07:09 AM

I've used Hering 5-blade cleavers. As far as quality goes, they are top-notch no question about it. Up there with Rolla. My experience is that Herings are a bit less durable than Rollas but are also a bit faster. The craftsmanship is I think equal, it's just the durability/speed compromise that is a tad different. The trouble is, they cost an arm and a leg and then some. Even Rollas are cheap compared to Herings...

But if you've got the dough and want to go all out, way to go IMHO...