Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   High Speed Insurance Out of Hand! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83415-high-speed-insurance-out-hand.html)

sy goldberg 07-17-2004 06:35 PM

Re: High Speed Insurance Out of Hand!

This Problem Will Be Fixed Shortly !

bajabob38 07-17-2004 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
This Problem Will Be Fixed Shortly !

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

TalkOffshore 07-17-2004 07:16 PM

For a more informative view on marine insurance you can listen to both American Marine Insurance's interview and Hawk Racing Consultant with Rick Felson on www.talkoffshore.com.

Go to the archives and you can listen "On demand" when ever you want.

We are in the process of getting all the other interview on line and should have all of them online by the end of the month.

Drew, Kell, Ted, Martin and Guests

32fever 07-17-2004 11:54 PM

Insurance is the only reason I don't own an Outerlimits (two seasons ago I was ready to buy). My quotes were only a third of what you're paying now (for 110 mph). Going from my $500ish a year on my Fountain to $5k was too much to ask. I'll pay $2k a year or less for boating 3 months a year. Anything more is just pissing money I work too hard to earn away. Which brings me to ask, you lay the boat up or take to FL?

Only answer is to pay for the boat, cancel insurance and maintain a Hugh Jass umbrella policy. I'm a little short of cash for that :D:D:D

Donzi Corleone 07-18-2004 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=Offshore Roller]
. And not to say anything negative, but it's seriously these inexperienced cat drivers with too much money to spend doing 185+ and killing themselves...I've heard of more than one story killing insurance companies, and it's ruining it for everyone else. Anyone agree?

I dont think it's the CAT guys killing it for anyone. The last 4 boat accidents I read on OSO were all V's. flippin or spinnin out or taking a chime walk in the woods. Like Formula said: It's a frickin 800k boat that does triple digits what do ya think that kind of coverage is going to cost $$$. I agree its high but "IF YA WANNA PLAY YOUR GONNA PAY"

open87 07-18-2004 08:41 AM

i read these threads and think to myself , if some one can afford to buy a 3/4 million ride , insurance should be a drop in the bucket. 800 g's , it would take me 15 years to earn that kinda coin. :drool: so as audiofn would say "pay up sucka" :eek: :D:D

Formula Outlaw 07-18-2004 08:44 AM

I don't know about anybody else, but ALL of my insurances are going up. Auto, boat, health, homeowners, flood, wind, business liability, you name it it's going up.

When the insurance industry lost all that money in the stock market, somehow they got the government to agree to let them raise their rates so that we ended up covering their losses.

With the recent kidney stone ordeal I just went through, dealing with BlueCross/BlueShield was a friggin nightmare. Their book of "why we are denying your claim" has to be five times as thick as the NY telephone directory.

Frank, I agree with you totally. I really think there are more deaths involving fishing boats and family "runabout" than the high performance guys. We just have the spotlight turned on us.

And finally, to quote my buddy George: "Insurance, you're covered for everything except for what happens"!!

Offshore Roller 07-18-2004 02:18 PM

Just because I can drop the cash, doesn't mean I like giving my hard earned money away to a insurance company. Don't be cocky becuase your not in the same "boat". Paying that much for insurance is absurd...My 5 Million Umbrella wasn't even close to that! And now most of the big payout accidents I've heard WERE cats, not Vees...Anywho, I'm just curious if there's going to be a solution for it becuase I don't like paying this much for my insurance to use the damn boat 3 months out of the year. Pay to play? Yea well you spend this much and then get asked to spend more every year..it's redicilous..

Pure Energy 07-18-2004 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=open72]i read these threads and think to myself , if some one can afford to buy a 3/4 million ride , insurance should be a drop in the bucket.

Sorry, but that is the stupidest response I have ever heard! Just because someone is fortunate enough to own a 100k, 250k, 800k boat, doesn't mean they have a bottomless pit of money.

sy goldberg 07-18-2004 03:42 PM

Bagdhad Casualty Insurance Company ! (can't Give The Real Name Yet).