Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
High Speed Insurance Out of Hand! >

High Speed Insurance Out of Hand!

Notices

High Speed Insurance Out of Hand!

Old 07-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Offshore Roller

Default Re: High Speed Insurance Out of Hand!

[QUOTE=Pure Energy]
Originally Posted by open72
i read these threads and think to myself , if some one can afford to buy a 3/4 million ride , insurance should be a drop in the bucket.

Sorry, but that is the stupidest response I have ever heard! Just because someone is fortunate enough to own a 100k, 250k, 800k boat, doesn't mean they have a bottomless pit of money.
Thanks, atleast someone here understands where im coming from..

Old 07-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

[QUOTE=Pure Energy]
Originally Posted by open72
i read these threads and think to myself , if some one can afford to buy a 3/4 million ride , insurance should be a drop in the bucket.

Sorry, but that is the stupidest response I have ever heard! Just because someone is fortunate enough to own a 100k, 250k, 800k boat, doesn't mean they have a bottomless pit of money.

you didn't hear anything , you read it i'm not being a a$$hole but ol's are a high dollar boat and is going to cost you- to insure it !! as far as for being cocky ,if i could afford to own a ol or high dollar ride i wouldn't own 1 anyway. reasons why - insurance , matainence ,fuel, storage, towing vehicle , insurance ,fuel, motors , bla bla bla and the list goes on. oh, and there is a big differance between 100g and 800g's.

Last edited by open87; 07-18-2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like anything"You pay to Play". I would love to do PRA (Poker Runs of America) events,but at 650 a boat for 2 and 100 more for each additional person the the gas puts the boat ride at about a 1100-1200 for the run. I cant afford that kinda a jack but 60-80 boats show up. Maybe if I tell them that entry fee is too high they will lower it! RIGHTTTTTTTTT. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THERE INSURING A VERY LUXURIOUS HOUSE THAT TRAVELS AT 100 MPH. They dont make you carry the insurance. Were all in the same boat. You have to ask yourself how bad you want to powerboat. You can always downsize. The 3k I pay is crazy,but my boat gives me satifaction only a woman can duplicate(SEXUALLY). So I prioritize.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Offshore Roller

yea same here, but this insurance is outrageous...Im not new to this sport...5 years ago it was allot cheaper...

Old 07-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Offshore Roller
yea same here, but this insurance is outrageous...Im not new to this sport...5 years ago it was allot cheaper...

so was everything else.you use the word "sport" it's more of a "lifestyle". insurance companies just hear the word "sport" and costs skyrocket.

i have all of my insurable items(including myself) through state farm. been with them 14 or so years , homes , cars , boats ,and it just keeps going up and up. haven't had a accident ,ticket , no claims whatsoever ,but every renewal ,it goes up. the phrase " pay to play" seems to apply to life- period.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The "pay to play" does apply here. in fact, someone who spends $800k should be MORE upset at costs. They're usually in a position to HAVE to use the boat. This same person could spend $150k on a boat and use it 3 times in 4 years, and no big deal. Not a lot lost. But at $600-800k, you gotta use them. That's too much to sit and look at a purty boat. The more you pay, the more you gotta play to get your monies worth.

And what's even worse, is the person with the 42 OL with 1200's will be selling it for 3-4 years like the others you still see for sale. People with that kind of money would rather order a new boat exactly like they want it. So, getting out of it is harder than owning a less expensive boat. Sometimes when owning a boat, you feel trapped. Damned if ya do......

I can't complain, my boat insurance has stayed the same since 2000. My autos are all going down as they get older.

My biggest argument is that they need to insure the DRIVER, not the VEHICLE (speaking of cars only in this instance). I can't drive more than 1 vehicle at a time, so why pay for 2,3,4,5 vehicles and I can only drive 1 at a time? Just insure me for my highest risk vehicle and fire and theft on the rest for when I'm not driving them

Mark
Old 07-19-2004, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by 32fever
My biggest argument is that they need to insure the DRIVER, not the VEHICLE (speaking of cars only in this instance). I can't drive more than 1 vehicle at a time, so why pay for 2,3,4,5 vehicles and I can only drive 1 at a time? Just insure me for my highest risk vehicle and fire and theft on the rest for when I'm not driving them

Mark
Excellent point! never thought of it like that!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Registered

I've thought about this so many times. Im glad to see Im not the only one looking at it that way 32 fever.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered

Call Bob Luellen At Worldwide Marine Underwriters, He Is The Cheapest And Most Honest Of All Of Them Out There. 800-339-1235
Old 07-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered

Hey Sy you are right help is coming but not from the places you might normally think. Hope you enjoyed the referral I sent you yesterday. Basic laws of insurance seem to prevail small pool+large losses=large premiums. maybe together we could solve the problem, what do you think Sy?
Lenny

Quick Reply: High Speed Insurance Out of Hand!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.