Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   High Speed Insurance Out of Hand! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83415-high-speed-insurance-out-hand.html)

dreamboater 07-21-2004 11:39 AM

Re: High Speed Insurance Out of Hand!

what kind of help are we talking about. I have heard Sy say that in a couple of posts. I would like to know what he is talking about.

fund razor 07-21-2004 11:51 AM

Your boat is worth $800,000
Mine is worth $16,000
(your boat is worth 50 times what mine is worth)

You pay $30,000 per year for insurance
I pay $600
(you pay 50 times what I pay)

OH MY GOD THEY ARE RIPPING ME OFF AS BAD AS YOU!

And your boat IS TWICE AS FAST AS MINE!
I'm getting SCREWED!

fund razor 07-21-2004 11:56 AM

Thank God that I am having more than my 2% (1/50th) share of fun.

aero-offshore 07-21-2004 01:03 PM

Only answer is to pay for the boat, cancel insurance and maintain a Hugh Jass umbrella policy. I'm a little short of cash for that :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

That's exactly want they want you to do, or just not buy these boats, they did the same thing in the 70's to the muscle cars with big HP. Thats why these bastards are using credit checks to rate insurance in some states, they charge the people who have basically no money the most to insure there crap ,forcing them to carry no insurance so they can wipe there hands and let the states carry there load if something happens, it's really a crying shame. :blaster:

TalkOffshore 07-21-2004 01:18 PM

You can listen to both interviews of American Marine Insurance and Hawk Consultants with Rick Felsen at www.talkoffshore.com in their archives.

Both interviews address issues with high performance and such things as umbrella policies and what you think you may be getting.

Drew, Kell, Ted and Martin

Lenny R 07-21-2004 01:49 PM

unfortunately an umbrella policy requires "underlying limits", which means you have to have an insurance policy for your boat for it to cover any liability arising out of the use of your boat.

32fever 07-21-2004 03:01 PM

It's pudding day at the home, so Sy won't be on line today:D

Lenny R 07-21-2004 03:11 PM

That is no way to talk about the elder statesmen of insurance.....

shawn 07-21-2004 03:27 PM

Does Sy insure cats?

Lenny R 07-21-2004 03:33 PM

I can only answer that I do offer insurance for Cats