Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '93 Top Gun-reasonable price (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83529-93-top-gun-reasonable-price.html)

lucky strike 07-21-2004 09:37 AM

Re: '93 Top Gun-reasonable price

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Donz what motors and who built them will have alot to do with the price also when was the last time the drive train was gone thru and by who would affect price. Big power with speedmasters is a great set-up, I have owned a couple of boats like that, my buddy put bigger power in his bravo boat and has lost drives and weekends 5 out of the last 6.

Very costly if something breaks too! :blaster:

LS JR.

Roger 1 07-21-2004 11:24 AM

I don`t have any drives on mine :(

IDRPSTF 07-21-2004 11:50 AM

Somewhere in the $80's is more like it.
For $120K you should be able to get a 95-96 Top Gun, Great shape, above stock power on a trailer. Selling price, not asking price

scottsumrall 07-21-2004 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Somewhere in the $80's is more like it.
For $120K you should be able to get a 95-96 Top Gun, Great shape, above stock power on a trailer. Selling price, not asking price

120k should buy a 97-99 with stock power all day long. i would say keep looking.

thedonz 07-21-2004 05:21 PM

I agree with IDRPSTF and Scott. As some of you know, I've been looking for the right early - mid nineties boat for a few months. I've seen stock power, big power, glass, carbon, kevlar, bravos, SSM, etc, etc. I've had the luxury of not having to hurry a purchase because my boat hasn't sold yet either. There are a lot of boats on the market. The prices start high, but after several months, sometimes years, of no action they tend to drop to what the market is willing to bear. I believe I have a good handle on price ranges for various packages and unfortunately learned the hard way by missing out on a couple of deals.

Most respectfully Vonbongo, you have a nice boat, but it is high at that price compared to others on the market. I say this only to share the hours and hours I have spent looking, talking with owners and comparing other "sales" with what is advertised.

thedonz 07-21-2004 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Hey Frank,
Why don't you just wait a few months and buy mine. I'm gonna get a new Gladiator no later than Dec.
I think you know the specs, if not let me know.

Greg

Hi Gregg,

Missed you in Dania this past weekend. Allen said you were in Atlanta. Good luck with that. PM me with your specs again when you get a chance.

Frank

Von Bongo 07-21-2004 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
I agree with IDRPSTF and Scott. As some of you know, I've been looking for the right early - mid nineties boat for a few months. I've seen stock power, big power, glass, carbon, kevlar, bravos, SSM, etc, etc. I've had the luxury of not having to hurry a purchase because my boat hasn't sold yet either. There are a lot of boats on the market. The prices start high, but after several months, sometimes years, of no action they tend to drop to what the market is willing to bear. I believe I have a good handle on price ranges for various packages and unfortunately learned the hard way by missing out on a couple of deals.

Most respectfully Vonbongo, you have a nice boat, but it is high at that price compared to others on the market. I say this only to share the hours and hours I have spent looking, talking with owners and comparing other "sales" with what is advertised.

No problem, I am in the reverse situation. Plus to upgrade 3 to 5 years for me has no benifit as it is the exact same boat so my only option is to move to a TS and they seem to be in the $180ish range at the bottom end. Good luck in your search!

lucky strike 07-21-2004 06:46 PM

You get what you pay for !!!!!
When it comes to a car it's miles and condition.
With a boat it's the condition, & Hours on the drive train.
And how were the hours are put on W.O.T. or EZ. time.
Unless you are going to a twin step, year is not the important factor.
Would you rather have a 1990 mint GUN or a poor condition 1996 Gun ???
Year is just a number on a title, banks will loan you more on a newer anything.
But now start making it the way you want, get out your wallet, DIG DEEP !

Steve

scottsumrall 07-21-2004 07:08 PM

If You Look Hard You Will Find A Gun For The Right Price. There Is One 4 Sale In Fl. It Is 2000 With 500efi', It Does Not Have The Step Bottom. I Heard It Could Be Had For Around 150k. Also This Boat Has 250hours And No Trailer. Hope This Helps. Scott

Ironmanwb 07-21-2004 08:48 PM

Hey thedonz

What do you think my friend's cig is worth? It is pretty clean from what I remember and was well cared for. It has about 225 hrs decent trailer and a full cover. He just want's to get rid of it now, what should he ask/take for the boat. He won't give it away ( I already asked) but he will work with people. It's never seen salt or a dock for more than a few days. Located in Ohio.