Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83553-i-shagged-rotten-drive-baby-huge-thanks-offshore-performance-though.html)

Sydwayz 07-19-2004 04:21 PM

"I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

3 Attachment(s)
Put Monsoon in the water at Sandy Point State Park, on the Chesapeake Bay to head over to Red Eyes and watch the Poker Run, and meet up with the RBPA who headed into town. She ran 76mph with just me on the boat, Full tanks, and full coolers/overnight gear...

...less than 5 miles over to Red Eyes, and as I come off plane... Bad vibration and noise from the SB drive:

2003 B1 XZ Drive behind 496HO, 137 hours or so:

Sydwayz 07-19-2004 04:25 PM

Re: "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

3 Attachment(s)
Started calling a few Service Shops immediately on a Saturday afternoon.

BK at Offshore Performance picks up. He could not have been nicer; and says leave it in front of the shop, and we will flush both motors, and tear her down on Monday.

By Noon on Monday, when I made it back out to OP with my drive lock keys (duh), they had already found a key to remove the bad drive, and had it tore down, and estimate being prepared.

Thank goodness for warranty, and thank goodness for good friends in the Marine Industry. BIG props to Offshore Performance for taking care of me. Hope to be back in the water this weekend.

Sydwayz 07-19-2004 04:28 PM

Re: "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

1 Attachment(s)
"Its not IF your drive blows... its WHEN." Thanks BK and John, as well as the whole crew at OP for taking care of this with the least amount of pain possible. Warranty is a good thing.

Jassman 07-19-2004 05:09 PM

Thats great to hear that you got serviced right away, sounds like a great co. good luck for next weekend, Jeff

Reckless32 07-19-2004 06:30 PM

Good to hear they jumped on it so quickly Brian, and it was good to put a few down with ya over the weekend. I was the token add-on HRPA rep to hang with the Richmond boyz & gals...;)

Sydwayz 07-19-2004 08:43 PM

And well represented the HRPA was by Rick!!! Good to see you; and see you in 2 weeks.

wwwTOPDJcom 07-20-2004 12:25 AM

Damn me and Monica need to get are asses down there and get a ride on one of your boats Cignifcant or yours Bri :) I know you drive it like you stole it right

CMG 07-21-2004 06:08 AM

same happened with me earlier this year, no vibration but small lube leak. found chipped gears and $2,300 later back in water.

Payton 07-21-2004 07:39 AM

Brian, I'm glad to hear you'll be running again soon with minimal pain.

Very cool

Aggressor 25 07-21-2004 08:04 AM

Glad to hear everything went so smoothly Brian. You took a broken drive alot better than I would have. It was a great weekend despite your drive and the rain going home on Sunday. We will see you on the Potomac this weekend.
Rick, it was nice seeing you along with the Richmond crew. I look forward to doing some boating down your way.

Ty and Caroline