Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bowriders Rule! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83747-bowriders-rule.html)

robyw1 07-23-2004 08:31 AM

Bowriders Rule!

I'm just kidding bowriders don't rule. However I'm thinking about a used one for a second boat. What are some of the best built bowriders? I'm looking for a 22 to 24 foot, plenty of room, power (55 to 60-MPH) and comfort. Anyone have any experiences good and bad?

Much thanks
Roby

PatriYacht 07-23-2004 01:15 PM

Re: Bowriders Rule!

our's is a malibu ski boat, had it almost 10 years and not one maintenance issue. You probably want something different, a ton of people around here have fourwinns (sp?)
Opps just saw your speed, I don't think they go that fast. Somebody on our little lake has a Donzi deck style boat, boy is that thing ugly :eek:

GatorDave 07-23-2004 02:17 PM

My last boat was a Baja 212 Islander. With a 454 your running in the low 60's, looks sporty compared to other bowriders, carries 6-8 easily and worked well pulling skiers or tubers. I had no problems in the 5 years I had the boat.

JUSTONCE 07-23-2004 03:01 PM

I saw a DCB 26 bowrider cat that was SICK.

C_Spray 07-23-2004 03:54 PM

Had two Ebbtides (1987 18' and 1995 21') over the years, and was very happy with both of them. "SOX" currently owns my old 21'. Very nice quality for a reasonable price. Have heard good things about Crownlines and (of course) Cobalts.

Ebbtide boats

bowtie 07-23-2004 08:33 PM

Check out 4 Winns. They make a lot of different size bowriders and deckboats. They have good quality and a pretty good ride.

LostinBoston 07-23-2004 08:36 PM

I had a 17 whaler bowrider when i was a teenager. i loved that boat. Eliminator makes some nice ones. A cat bowrider would be awesome. i would love a 26 daytona open bow as a second boat to cruise around in with a bunch of people. with a couple outboards it should be well beyond your speed range. the DCB is also probably pretty awesome. Ill have to check into that.

gferdon 07-23-2004 08:45 PM

Just bought a 19 Campione Ebbtide at a great price and was surprised at the room, comfort, speed (52) and ride. The 190 hp V6 sips fuel and has an unusual amount of punch. Use it mostly for skiing and letting the kids hangout...don't want 'em near my Fountain for now!

GF

gdfatha 07-23-2004 08:54 PM

Cobalts are excellent but a tad pricey.

I think Sleeckraft is now manufactured in Texas or Arizona. I had a 24 daycruiser (with under deck lounge, not bow rider) and it was very sturdy and ran all day.

They started coming out with bowriders and sorta look like eliminators if I remember correctly.

SOX 07-23-2004 09:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the Ebbtide I bought off of C_Spray. I love this boat 21' 8.5' beam and runs 58+ with a 5.8l and Volvo DP drive. I believe the boat is available with even more power than I have. Very nice boat!

Also I have seen some very nice Monterey's with 300+ hp off the show room.