If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VIP Member VIP Member MILD THUNDER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Fountain
    Yup. Im thinking hard about getting the F out of this state. Not only do I live in Illinois, AND cook County, but inside the city of chicago. You get RAPED here. Gasoline is the highest in the country, sales tax thru the roof. The city loves putting their own tax on utilities, tabacco, alcohol, etc. Regular unleaded is still over 4.10 or so a gallon right now down the street. A pack of smokes is 9.86 cents. Property taxes are insane. I have friends in the suburbs who pay 10,000 a year in property taxes, on houses that are maybe worth 250k in this market, maybe 2000-2500sq ft, and not even 1/4 acre of land.

I plated my 1989 Dually pickup last year, and had to transfer the title and what not.

95.00 title fee.
    90.00 Flat rate tax based on vehicle year.
    125.00 for plates
    125.00 for City of Chicago sticker
    25.00 for residental parking permit

$460.00 just to register a old beater truck in my name. I wonder how some of these young single mom's working two jobs making 9.00 an hour driving a 20 year old vehicle, can even survive around here.

My Boats:
    86' power play xlt185
    coal city il
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    I wonder if this goes for the boat trailers as well...when we registured our snowmobile trailers in wi they dont need a licence plate or at leaste its not required
    Yeah I bought my boat from WI and there are no plates on anything under a certin size I think 5K lbs and no titles are evean transfered the boat trailer was originaly bought in WI and it was never titled, try to explain that to the IL dmv fawk, it took me a cupple months just to figure out how to get a title for it so I could get plates

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123