Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tan-Tar-A @ LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83767-tan-tar-%40-loto.html)

BajaBuddy 07-24-2004 12:57 AM

Re: Tan-Tar-A @ LOTO

I agreee, the ramp doesn't have that much room but Public Beach 2 has good ramps and isn't that far by land or water. The docks at Tan-Tar-A suck! Rough water and out in the open. But Tan-Tar-A is a nice place to stay except that most of their rooms aren't on the water or even close, if that is important to you.

Cord 07-24-2004 09:27 AM

Lazy Days does have a ramp, but it's steep, narrow and has a bend in it. I wouldn't be comfortable with using it, but I know that members have launched some big boats with it.

Waterfoul 07-25-2004 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Launched my 24 at Lazy Days. Wouldn't want to put anything much bigger than that in there though. We used Wally's 1 ton dually to do it though. PB 2 would be the wiser and easier choice.

'Foul

Ramp at Lazy Days

SR-24 07-26-2004 07:42 AM

Thanks for the info.

Troutly, was it pretty easy to get your boat around the lot while you were unloading gear? That was one of my main concerns. Usually just from pulling in somewhere gets you in a bind.

How far is it by water from PB2 to Lazy Days?

techelec12224 07-26-2004 09:56 AM

PB2 is the best place to put in with anything over 26'

SR-24 07-26-2004 10:01 AM

Cool, I'll just put in at PB2 and leave my trailer then have someone drive my truck to Lazy Days and check out parking or storage for the trailer.

Waterfoul 07-26-2004 05:00 PM

I had the same look on my face when we first towed our boats down that hill Troutly!! Friggen steep! But not as steep as ALL THEM STAIRS!!!!! It was 141 steps from our room on the top floor to the dock. Don't forget ANYTHING on your way down, you won't want to go back up more than once!!

burtandnancy 07-26-2004 07:23 PM

Had a funny incident at the top of the launch road, leading out of the Tan-tar-A. Got up early AM to head home and there had been a shower that nite. Two wheel drive dually couldn't get to the top, damn near spun out at 5 mph. Blocked whole road until an employee going to work saw my problem and pulled me to the top with some 4 wheel drive mini-truck. (He got a big tip and a letter for his personnel file). All the other things said about the Tan-Tar- and the docks are true...

MnFastBoat 07-26-2004 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=Waterfoul]THEM STAIRS!!!!! It was 141 steps from our room on the top floor to the dock. QUOTE]

TELL ME ABOUT IT :(

I had a hell of a time walking them with THREE cracked ribs :(

and here everyone thought it was because I was overweight :(
Oh, I WAS overweight too :( sucked big time.

But NOW, I will run up them there stairs :)

boss252 07-26-2004 07:37 PM

We have launched a 29 outlaw and my 25 at Lazy Days many times with no problem at all. Also you can use Surdyke's ramp at the back of Tan-Tar-A's cove. Never had a problem there either. But I would agree that PB2 is the best way to go.