If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    JC Performance Engines Gold Member Stormrider's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 28 Pantera
    Long Island, NY

Sunsation 29 Intimidator

Anyone know this boat?

Its powererd by a 454mag.
    Has less than 100hrs on it.

Is this underpowered? How would she run?
    What's all of your opinions?

29 Intimidator
    With great power, comes great responsibility.

Re: Sunsation 29 Intimidator

Isn't that a 32?

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven

Yup, 288.... guess you could call that a 29. What year? Which version of the Mag? 350 hp? 385 hp? Either way, I'd say it's not underpowered. It should run in the low 60's with the 350 hp. Derek on this board has one with a 454 in it. Runs well. Ask Lotoparty, he just sold his 288 with stock power.

Last edited by Waterfoul; 07-26-2004 at 04:58 PM.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache
    Ottawa, Ontario,Canada baby!

I have one aswell. hp500efi, I see 72 mph. The boat is tough as nials. You relize this just walking across the top deck! Strong! The boat performs awsome in the rough for the length of her.

I see it has the Mc Cloude interior. Nice option. Those are custom graphics by Mitchel T too. Another upgrade!

After a season, you'll want more power! The hull performs so well, you'll be supercharging it in no time!

I'm trying to think what to look for and where, but I can't. I have no stress cracks on mine with 260 hours on her. I'm sure if I looked real hard, I could find some.

E-mail me with any questions on it [email protected]

I'll answer what I can about the boat.

Oh, and just for the record, the best customer service you'll find anywhere!

not much i can add to the thread except contact Sunsation with the hull number.
    they can probably tell you anything you want to know about the boat as they keep good records on all of them.
    mine was trouble free with over 200 hours except an interior light fixture broke. (i probably kicked it.) called Sunsation to buy a new one and they sent me 2............for free!

Dayton, Ohio

That is the Sunsation 288 (used to be called the Intimidator). Don't know anything about that particular boat, but I have a 1995 that I have owned since new. Powered by a 500HP she ran low 70's, with a blower on top low 80's. Great boats, great company.

My Boats:
    2005 288 SUNSATION

That particular boat has been for sale for a LONG time, When I was looking at sunsations back in 2000 or 2001 I think he was trying to sell it for 45,000.. IMO the boat IS underpowered, but for the price he wanted you could hop up the motor to 450 hp and have a very nice boat.

My Boats:
    260 Formula SS
    Syracuse, NY

A friend of mine owns the boat. He hardly ever uses it. The downside is it actually only has a 454 (not mag). The up side is he is only asking $37.5.

He is the original owner and it's a fresh water boat too.