Texoma Labor Day Poker Run >

Texoma Labor Day Poker Run

Notices

Texoma Labor Day Poker Run

Old 07-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texoma Labor Day Poker Run

Who knows FOR SURE about this summers schedule on this lake? I was planning on being there on Labor Day to run. There is a Poker run this weekend which I cannot attend. The Flash Gordon website lists September 4th as a poker run on Texoma. I have a buddy with a 42 Fountain who isn't running this weekend but plans on running on labor day weekend. I was at Highport marina last weekend and the dock girls didn't know if there was going to be another poker run. I am going to be very dissapointed if there isn't a poker run on Labor Day weekend. They have had a poker run on Labor Day weekend for ten years! I know the world doesn't revolve around me but I can name three boats that won't be there this weekend that normally would. I know that has to equate to alot more. Does anyone have more info?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Texoma Labor Day Poker Run

The poker run this weekend is put on by Hotboat and Fountain of North Texas. It is the only run this year. Highport has bailed on the deal and these guys are putting it on. They havent been able to get the word out very well about the change in schedules. Everyone expects the big labor day run but will be disappointed. The run this weekend looks to be decent. All rooms at Tanglewood are booked. Sorry.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Registered

That kinda sucks! Why didn't they go ahead and do it on Labor day weekend?
Old 07-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

They couldnt see that the poker run was worth it to put on. They dont think they will sell any less gas or any less drinks and food without it on the big weekend. It didnt make them money. Last time i checked having a big well known event made you money on the other weekends by making the marina known and bringing in new customers for the event. I could vent for hours. The mgmt has there heads way up there arses in my opinion.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Registered

I still think this just sucks! If I was able to attend I wouldn't be *****in as bad. I do know alot of people though that get a spot on the lake early on Sunday for a good view of the poker run. It is an attraction for Labor Day weekend and I think alot of people will be dissapointed