Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat wreck on Grand Lake Saturday night (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83968-boat-wreck-grand-lake-saturday-night.html)

SR-24 07-27-2004 10:25 AM

Boat wreck on Grand Lake Saturday night

I just read on www.kotv.com that two boats collided Saturday night. Do any of you Grand Lake guys know anything about it? Two of the guys in one boat were 60 & 62, one is missing and the other held on to the boat for 10 hrs. before someone found him.

BLee 07-27-2004 10:53 AM

Re: Boat wreck on Grand Lake Saturday night

An 80's model Formula T-boned a Trojan coming out of a restaraunt called Moonie's. As of now, they haven't foung the Formula or it's driver. The rest of the crew on the Formula have been found.

SR-24 07-27-2004 12:12 PM

The two older guy's must have been in the Formula and I'm assuming the one guy just had a piece of the boat to hang on to. They said they found him by the Dam. Isn't the Dam a long way away from Moonie's? Do you know what happened to the people on the Trojan or the boat itself?

BLee 07-27-2004 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by SR-24
They said they found him by the Dam.

Isn't the Dam a long way away from Moonie's?

Do you know what happened to the people on the Trojan or the boat itself?

They found one guy by the Dam, alive. The other hasn't been found yet. Moonies is right next to the dam. I don't know what happened to the people on the Trojan.

WARPARTY36 07-27-2004 01:14 PM

Nathan said they didn't even search for the boat when it happened. The Trojan told him it was a hit and run, so he didn't know the other boat sank :rolleyes: I am sure he will take some heat on this one for not calling in backup. John Earling with a local radio station is the one that found the survivor, so now he is talking chit on the GRDA :hothead: GRDA can't do any more than they did with bad witness information. I hope they don't give Nathan too much grief :(

SR-24 07-27-2004 01:30 PM

I would think there should have been some serious damage to the Trojan.

eyezlee 07-27-2004 01:33 PM

First I've heard of it.

WARPARTY36 07-27-2004 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by SR-24
I would think there should have been some serious damage to the Trojan.

You would think, I heard it was an old woodie :eek:

FINMAN 07-27-2004 02:41 PM

They showed a picture of the old Trojan on the news and the whole front end was almost gone but the said it still stayed afloat.

Finman

carter38 07-28-2004 03:55 AM

A friend of mine was camping at disney and said that they pulled the formula out sunday morning. He said that the motor was missing and the drive was still on how that happened who knows. You would have thought how bad the damage was to the cruiser they would have went looking. They bad thing is the guy thats missing might have made it. I don't think it looks good when I guy is out there in front of GRDA headquarters floating on debre and nobody finds him for 10 hrs. Not trying to bash GRDA but it makes you think. I would just hope they would be there for you if you need them.