Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Richmond "Jammin on the James" Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84018-richmond-jammin-james-poker-run.html)

Cignificant 07-27-2004 07:41 PM

Richmond "Jammin on the James" Poker Run

Well, we're coming down to the last few preparations for the Poker Run this weekend. For the first time ever we have sold out! There are no more rooms, slips, or hands available.

So, who's heading in this weekend? My log shows boats all the way from SC up to MD. We are going to have live entertainment Friday night after the Captain's Meeting, so plan on getting here early and joining us for music by "Tin Man", a local bar favorite.

Contact me if you have any questions...

dreamboater 07-27-2004 07:49 PM

Re: Richmond "Jammin on the James" Poker Run

What about the Boat Ramps? Are they all good to go after last years Storm?

Sydwayz 07-27-2004 08:24 PM

Can't wait, especially after the warm up in MD.

excursion 07-27-2004 08:50 PM

All I can say is I've got BEADS!!!!!!!!!and lots of them so bring on the the girls!!!!!!

See everyone on Friday!!!

James
HYPERACTIVE

Beak Boater 07-27-2004 09:19 PM

We are coming, a little concerned about Osborne Landing, if Jordan Point only has parking for 20 boat trailers. Trailering down Sat. morning. If they dont get that ramp open, any suggestions where to launch?? Not familiar with the area, coming from MD. Looking forward to a good time. The RPBA, always puts on a great run. Plus its for a charity.

excursion 07-27-2004 09:24 PM

We have talked to the DGIF and they should be done by Thursday or early Friday, but just in case there is another ramp pretty close with in 15 mins, Hopewell Yacht Club, it is ok and plenty of parking, cost for the weekend about $8.00. I will post here as soon as I know something. If it is closed, I will post directions elsewhere.

James
HYPERACTIVE

Vyper340 07-27-2004 09:29 PM

Steve - post a WTX link for the area so we can see what the weather guessers are predicting.

Cignificant 07-27-2004 10:15 PM

Ramps - I received an email from someone that saw them washing Osborne in preparation for opening. Unless I post it here, consider Osborne open. Hopewell, Dutch Gap, and Jordan are all open. A hint for my OSO friends - launch Friday night at Jordan and get a slip for the night. That way your boat is ready to roll for Saturday. Jordan is being very reasonable on slip rates, so give them a call.

Weather - Latest report is that the weather will return to "summer normal" by Friday - 30% chance of late afternoon t-boomers. Why post weather links - everybody has their favorite. Since all of our summer t-storms roll in from the west, I'll post my personal prediction: When I'm at the Radisson, at the Banquet, listening to the one of the best bands in the state ("The Worx"), a t-storm will come thru and cool things off. I'll be on the docks drinking Cap'n Mo'gan by 11pm and it will be dry.

Whooooop, there it is.....

Cignificant 07-27-2004 10:19 PM

..ohh - and Dave, tell Billr there's another TS TG on our run. Maybe he'll provide provide some "schooling".....

Cignificant 07-27-2004 10:22 PM

Beak, you have the OL, right? I want a tour. Oh, and spank the Cig TS, OK? (But not us old deep-v's)