Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Question:Why dont so many people post their location in their avitar??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84034-question-why-dont-so-many-people-post-their-location-their-avitar.html)

boot 07-28-2004 07:54 AM

Re: Question:Why dont so many people post their location in their avitar???

THe thing that gets me is they ask for help or need something real quick , but we don't know if they are even in the same country ! So how COULD we help them ?!?

MY screen name is not really an alias , it is a nick name that my friends have called me for 20 years .

I CAN understand in the beginning being a little shy to post private stuff , But hell , this place has no secrets ! Step up ! Let us know where you are ! You might actualy make a few new friends in your area . Joe

HiPerf2000 07-28-2004 08:04 AM

I'm never shy :D

Reckless32 07-28-2004 08:07 AM

Ditto! Be proud of where you're from. It helps to understand sometimes what your perspective is in your posts when we know your geographic location.

Airpacker 07-28-2004 08:27 AM

Everyone's just hiding from you Doug :)

Strip Poker 388 07-28-2004 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
too risky, too many warrants.

Like me from the UCS .The Feds? :eek: :D

SR-24 07-28-2004 08:43 AM

I have been wanting to ask everybody to post their location for a while, but I just didn't want to stir the pot. I'm always wondering where people are from and what kind of boat they have. My location used to be posted and for some reason it disapperead, but I just edited my profile so hopefully it will show back up.

R Addiction 07-28-2004 08:51 AM

SR, Is Cleveland in Oklahoma? Or is that.....Cleveland....OK? :D

cigarette1 07-28-2004 09:48 AM

Those that need to know, already know :eek: :D :eek:

SR-24 07-28-2004 09:57 AM

R Addiction, It is Cleveland, OK about 30 miles west of Tulsa.

Namwot 07-28-2004 10:07 AM

There are still people out there who are scared to put their name on anything on the "INTERNET"

I just joined this board and I hope to get to know some folks and meet them in person. How do you do that if they won't post where they are from.