Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Question:Why dont so many people post their location in their avitar??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84034-question-why-dont-so-many-people-post-their-location-their-avitar.html)

McGary911 07-28-2004 12:43 PM

Re: Question:Why dont so many people post their location in their avitar???

Originally Posted by Baja Daze
I never understood that, either. It peeves me too to not know. I've talked to many people whom I didn't even know were in my same city, until later...post locations people!! :D :D :cool:

With your city posted, you can say things like: Hey BajaDaze, i was in st pete\tampa this weekend. Rafted up on Saturday with a bunch of Donzis at Shell Island. Cool town you have there. My sis lives in Tampa now, so I'll be around from time to time......

Notice most people who responded to this thread have their cities listed? Hmmmm.....

CigDaze 07-28-2004 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by McGary911
With your city posted, you can say things like: Hey BajaDaze, i was in st pete\tampa this weekend. Rafted up on Saturday with a bunch of Donzis at Shell Island. Cool town you have there. My sis lives in Tampa now, so I'll be around from time to time......

Notice most people who responded to this thread have their cities listed? Hmmmm.....

:D :cool: Yep, that's exactly why... ;)
Getting together and having fun is what it's all about.

SR-24 07-28-2004 12:56 PM

I'm with ragtop409, I think the board gods should make it mandatory. Somebody that talks to them regularly should mention it to them.

robyw1 07-28-2004 12:56 PM

I do but no one lives in my area anyway

Roby

BLee 07-28-2004 01:26 PM

I don't want some of you crazy bastards to find me! :D :D

I don't think it's a big deal. Although, it is cool though to see the foreign members' location.

I will put mine up. :cool:

lucky strike 07-28-2004 01:52 PM

Pompano Beach, FL. Come and get me............

LS JR.

Namwot 07-28-2004 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by robyw1
I do but no one lives in my area anyway

Roby

I make Travis a couple of times a year, you ever go there?

robyw1 07-28-2004 02:14 PM

I went over the 4th of july but I don't get up there that often.

Roby

PatriYacht 07-28-2004 02:32 PM

Notice most people who responded to this thread have their cities listed? Hmmmm.....[/QUOTE]

Probably cause the others are embarassed :o since the majority thinks you should list where you are from. We could always just start ignoring their posts :eureka: Donna

robyw1 07-28-2004 02:44 PM

Well I also think everyone should put a picture of themselves as their avatar.... Like I did

Roby