Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any GM techs, or glass guys out there??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84057-any-gm-techs-glass-guys-out-there.html)

JUSTONCE 07-28-2004 01:56 PM

Re: Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

:rolleyes: your call, at least you'll be able to change it faster the second time. :D

rchevelle71 07-28-2004 02:00 PM

OK, went to GMpartsdirect.com, and come up with Part # 15095844, and they have it for 122.17 + shipping.

rchevelle71 07-28-2004 02:03 PM

I searched the 15101786, and come up with approx. same price, but it is not listed under this vehicle on GMpartsdirect???

SOOOO,

Which one is correct?????

rchevelle71 07-28-2004 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
:rolleyes: your call, at least you'll be able to change it faster the second time. :D

LMAO,

I know!!!!

I greatly appreciate all of you guys help on this!!!!

If I get it there, it will only be for the convenience factor of not having to deal with the shipping.

JUSTONCE 07-28-2004 02:06 PM

they are both correct but the 15101786 is the newest #. $122 is a good price. Its even a dollar lower than GM dealer cost, which is kinda odd but none the less I'd go that route if I were you.

rchevelle71 07-28-2004 02:14 PM

they are both correct but the 15101786 is the newest #. $122 is a good price. Its even a dollar lower than GM dealer cost, which is kinda odd but none the less I'd go that route if I were you.

Thanks Boss,

If you Get down here to rainy south FL, I owe you a beer!!!!

I think thats the route I will go, OK so who wants to gimme some advice on putting this thing in????

Girlfriends going away for a week, so I think I'll wait 'til the weekend, or next week to do it, I just cant seem to get anything done when she's buggin' me!!!

JUSTONCE 07-28-2004 02:17 PM

No prob. Its slow here today :drink:
They aren't too hard to install just getting the tracks lines up thats all. BTW the closest dealer to boca that is showing this thing on my locator is Crest caddy in venice so unless you wanna see the gulf your outa luck. :(

blownincome 07-28-2004 02:32 PM

247.00 is either an inflated list or the incorrect part, sorry not trying to compete just want to make sure you are getting the correct parts. :) The old replacement part was 244.33 but that # supercedes to the less expensive one.

Ok Im only as good as my parts manager on the info I was given (I know we use matrix not standard gm list)whats your price over the counter?? Just wondering to keep him Honest..
And yes you need the assy that one is toast! ps(seimens makes the reg assys for GM dont know why its so cheep?)

rchevelle71 07-28-2004 02:35 PM

No prob. Its slow here today :drink:
They aren't too hard to install just getting the tracks lines up thats all. BTW the closest dealer to boca that is showing this thing on my locator is Crest caddy in venice so unless you wanna see the gulf your outa luck. :(

No prob on the dealer thing......

Here is another twist........

Just went out to evaluate the removal/installation process, and guess what, molded right into the motor is the word "Siemens".....

Same freakin' thing Auto Zone is selling for $92, maybe I will give that a try???

OK, so I just unbolt it, take it out, reverse process to install, and align the tracks???

What do those cables attach to??

Looks like there is some kind of a block of sorts under the glass???

Any suggestions on this alignment thing???

JUSTONCE 07-28-2004 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by blownincome
Ok Im only as good as my parts manager on the info I was given (I know we use matrix not standard gm list)whats your price over the counter?? Just wondering to keep him Honest..
And yes you need the assy that one is toast!

Thats what I fig. Matrix or price6 is o.k. for retail cust. my sys. doesn't even show matrix pricing though cause I only sell wholesale.