Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whats "UP" at Lake Cumberland??? >

Whats "UP" at Lake Cumberland???

Notices

Whats "UP" at Lake Cumberland???

Old 07-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Whats "UP" at Lake Cumberland???

I was there last week. Falls were dead--even on a saturday. Didn't even bother going back on sunday. I love the lake but they've gone too far. I'll be back but the falls won't be my favorite place to go. I'll have to find somewhere else. The Lake Cumberland forum is attempting to make some progress to find out why and possibly help the situation. This is much appreciated and others should check out their site.

Last edited by Dreaminbig; 07-30-2004 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It "was" That Bad The Weekend After The 4th Of July. Apparently Someone With Close Ties To Frankfort (our Governor) Did Some Major Complaining, Plus They Had Videos!!! So They Sent In Alot More Water Patrol Officers. The Weekend After The 4th Was Bad The Next Weekend Everybody Scattered Out To Different Coves. Since Then 76 Has Been A Ghost Town. There Has Always Been An Open Container Law Here, Meaning Passengers Can Drink, But Not Display It In It's Container.

But Today On Our Local News Our Tourism Dept Is Requesting For The Patrol To Lighten-up...since People Like Us Bring There Area Alot Of Revenue $$$.

We've Not Been Back Over To The Falls Since The 4th But We Have Personally Not Seen Any Boats Pulled Over. I Think They Were Worse @ The Falls.

I Expect Things To Return To Normal By The Poker Run. Are You Coming Down Before Then???
Old 07-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have 3 different police depts out on the river here. The US Coast Guard, The New Jersey State Police, And the water nazi's The Pa Fish and Game Commision Cops. Who are nothing more then revenue generaters. They will harass and fine you for anything at all. I was charged with a false Dui 2 years ago by them and they told me flat out we need fines to pay our salary. I feel they should NOT be able to just stop you for No reason and find things to break stones over. out here they pull eveyone over for a safety check then it's all down hill from there.

I'm all for safety but when they line people up like cattle at check points and Don't even let you slide for a first offense My god lets not forget the revenue all us boaters generate by Boating.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:37 PM
rerun

If they are doing it for revenue that seems very short sided.......I can tell you I'll never go after hearing about this stuff. There's to many other places to spend my hard earned money. Why go somewhere and have to even worry about it.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I have been to Cumbeerland, and I would have to disagree with you. Lake Travis (here in Austin, Texas) is just as nice, if not nicer, than Cumbeerland.

Plus, our water cops are cool!

Clay,,, I sd one of the Most,, not ,, THE MOST!! I've been to Travis , twice I think, in the Early 80"s when I lived in Terrell Tx. Now that I think about it,, I think thats where I saw Two Girls "making out" for the First Time!!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mama tryed
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4] I think thats where I saw Two Girls "making out" for the First Time!!

Yes, that would be it
Old 08-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Registered

ttt ???
Old 08-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Hey, "my" lake is still "part" of the Cumberland water system. It's just a good bit shallower and muddier. Our watercops are almost TOO laid back. It's a pretty fun lake with a few places to stop and eat and party.

Nothing like 76 Falls exists on my lake, though. Cumberland was/is a fun lake to visit and it's a big SOB too. Plenty of places to go. Sad to hear that it is temporarily overcome with water Nazis. I'm all for strict DWI/BWI laws, but a zero tolerance on anchored alcohol consumption is a new one for me.

Dale Hollow Lake is pretty darn nice for a change for those who are close to Cumberland and don't want to mess with the Nazis.

If anybody comes to Old Hickory, I promise I'll drag the Formula out of the mothballs and show you the lake.

mc