Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Race Patrol needed fo rGrand Haven OSS /GLSCS Race - PART II (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84120-race-patrol-needed-fo-rgrand-haven-oss-glscs-race-part-ii.html)

Rambunctious 07-29-2004 09:05 AM

Race Patrol needed fo rGrand Haven OSS /GLSCS Race - PART II

as expected, the promotor has relaxed a previous fee for race patrol volunteers for the OSS race in Grand Haven. a Number of boats have paid the $100 ($25 bucks a person) for race patrol, in turn receiving shirts for their crew, and all passes to the parties and events.

however, additional patrol boats are needed and the promotors will waive the fee. in exchange for volounteering for race patrol the captain gets a tee shirt and race patrol flag.

So - moving on past that stuff. as I do not care and do not blame the promotors for finding creative ways to try to obtain revenue to fund the event.....,

I am requesting anyone who would like to promote a Two organization (national points race for both OSS AND now great lakes silver cup series) event in Grand Haven by volunteering your support as race patrol. its a great opportunity to help the sport as well as guarantee the best view of the race, with very little effort. I have done this twice now.

Jim (race commissioner) mentioned that this will be the biggest event in Grand Haven in 13 years with the two combined events being held . it will be a televised race. There will be 4 races on Sunday, and practice and qualifying on Saturday. The event will kick off with a parade of the race boats down Harbor street on Friday night at 7:00. They expect 150 thousand spectators on race day....

please call Todd at 616-638-6204
or Jim (race commissioner) at 616-638-1554

or reply here with your interest in supporting the growth of Offshore racing.

thanks....and I'll see you "in the front row" !! :)

Ramb

dyno 07-29-2004 10:04 AM

Re: Race Patrol needed fo rGrand Haven OSS /GLSCS Race - PART II

He called me the other night....I'll be on vacation but would help if I was in the area....next year.

Rambunctious 07-30-2004 01:00 PM

I just submitted 6 boats from our SEA100 club ( including mitchstellin, and myself)

anyone else interested

Rookie 08-09-2004 10:00 AM

Do you still need anymore boats?

Rambunctious 08-09-2004 10:47 AM

I have received our locations and replied back if they need any additional boats. i have not heard yet though.

you could call Todd Chmelik directly at 616-842-5535 if you like.
he is coordinating the race patrol boats

We'll be there !!!

Ramb