Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So.... Do You Shower ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84185-so-do-you-shower.html)

PorscheSpeed 08-02-2004 03:26 PM

Re: So.... Do You Shower ?

Originally Posted by Jonas
your top cap bolts are glowing red :D :eureka:

:D :D :rolleyes:

Waterfoul 08-02-2004 07:15 PM

Took one this morning. Oh, on the boat? Yup. Came with the drive I bought from Kaama. Not sure what brand. I have another one sitting on the bench that works better (off my old, busted up drive).

Comanche3Six 08-02-2004 09:00 PM

No, I'm French.

pullmytrigger 08-04-2004 07:46 AM

Had an upper failure last year on one of my alphas, mech said heat related......took cap off oil smelled "burnt to hell".......this year different mechanic other drive, replaced bent propshaft (hit something) had him checkout the rest of the drive....replaced the upper bearing set because they were barely hanging in there, his reason for bearings gone bad....."heat".....put the Simrek drive showers on ..........
Before....after a day of boating I would pull the boat out of the water and feel the drives.....signifigant heat.......thats after the boat sitting in the water at the dock motors off for 5 or 10 min while I went and got the truck!!.....now with the showers......COLD.......same temp as the prop..........doug

Comanche3Six 08-19-2004 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by twinn29
Had an upper failure last year on one of my alphas, mech said heat related......took cap off oil smelled "burnt to hell".......this year different mechanic other drive, replaced bent propshaft (hit something) had him checkout the rest of the drive....replaced the upper bearing set because they were barely hanging in there, his reason for bearings gone bad....."heat".....put the Simrek drive showers on ..........
Before....after a day of boating I would pull the boat out of the water and feel the drives.....signifigant heat.......thats after the boat sitting in the water at the dock motors off for 5 or 10 min while I went and got the truck!!.....now with the showers......COLD.......same temp as the prop..........doug

Good post!
Hands on proof.

causin trouble 08-19-2004 10:00 PM

BILLETT MARINE CAPS ; temp is about 40 degrees cooler than without them
plus the housing is stronger

blackhawk 08-19-2004 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I run two! :D

cigarette1 09-26-2004 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by causin trouble
BILLETT MARINE CAPS ; temp is about 40 degrees cooler than without them
plus the housing is stronger

Billett Marine on mine

L9X25 09-27-2004 11:47 AM

I noticed the "chalking" on the upper gear housing from evaporated water and decided to shower. I cleaned the residue off the housing, changed to Mobil 1, and installed the "summit" shower (Halo did not look like it would work with the IMCO steering) and the chalk has not returned. No failures before but heat cannot help anything, particularly aluminum.

mwdill 06-05-2005 07:30 PM

Eddie marine deluxe shower, runs about 25 degrees cooler.