Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Possible Relocation to Knoxville, TN >

OT: Possible Relocation to Knoxville, TN

Notices

OT: Possible Relocation to Knoxville, TN

Old 11-07-2003, 08:51 AM
voodoo

Default OT: Possible Relocation to Knoxville, TN

I may be relocating to Knoxville, TN early next year. Anybody from there? How are the schools, housing market, taxes, etc. Also, I know there are alot of boating options, but where do the offshore people hang out?

Old 11-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but where do the offshore people hang out?
In another State

Sorry, I had to do it
Old 11-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

It's river running in Knoxville. Won't find much rough water but there will be more Fountains and stuff than you'd expect there. The suck part about river running is so many no wake areas (nothing as bad as the intracoastal, though). A decent number of water-accessible beer and burger joints, too.

Friend of mine lives in Cleveland (south of Knoxville) and boats on the Hiwassee. Pretty water around there but it generally doesn't get very wide. Lots of boats in the Knoxville area.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
voodoo

mcollinstn, where are you at? By your name I assume somewhere in TN.

Old 11-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nashpit.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

My wifes company is moving to Nashville . We are fling out next weekend (11/13/03 to check some of the places. If there is something we could look at let me know and I will do what I can.

David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 11-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Registered

Well here's something for next year,
http://www.tennesseeriverrally.com/
my friend lives in Knoxville but she's not home right now, she has one kid starting high school and two in college so she should be of some help or direct you to someone who would, drop me a note and I'll get her to e-mail you or exchange #'s,
[email protected]
Old 11-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Registered

Default ouch

ouch about the going out of state thing... mcollinstn is right. about the rough water though... It is a night and day difference between the weekdays and the weekends. There are plenty of cruisers on the river on weekends that rough it up for us. We had our first (annual hopefully) poker run this summer in June. It was raining and I had drill so I didn't get to make it, but I will be there next year. We're less than 3 hours from Lake Lanier, GA and about the same distance to Nashville. I know they have runs in both places. Oh yeah, about 3 hours to Lake Cumberland, too.

I prefer the west part of town. Schools are better here, housing is a little higher than in other parts of town. I live outside the city limits so I only pay county taxes (about 1/2 what it is in the city). There is a community just south of us (Bount Co.) that is considerably cheaper than West Knoxville/Farragut if you are looking for something on the lake. It is on the other side of the TN river. I've been looking for some property down there as it is closer to work. Yell at me if you want to talk.

Chris
Old 11-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

vagrant,

Are you saying that you and your wife are moving to the Nashville area?

I'm selling a lake house on Old Hickory Lake in Hendersonville (15 miles northeast). My friend has a bare lot on Old Hickory for sale in Hendersonville. I also have a small older house closer to Nashville for sale, and depending on what Nashville suburb you like best, I know some good realtors...
Old 11-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by mcollinstn
vagrant,

Are you saying that you and your wife are moving to the Nashville area?

I'm selling a lake house on Old Hickory Lake in Hendersonville (15 miles northeast). My friend has a bare lot on Old Hickory for sale in Hendersonville. I also have a small older house closer to Nashville for sale, and depending on what Nashville suburb you like best, I know some good realtors...
I doubt that we are going to move . Her company is sending us there to see if we would like it or not. If she decides not to take the position then she will lose her job. Her company would like for her to stay she is Mgr level and they are trying to keep all mgt. How close are you to Nashville maybe we could meet for a drink or two.

David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

Quick Reply: OT: Possible Relocation to Knoxville, TN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.