Notices

Boat dealers?

Old 07-30-2004, 11:37 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat dealers?

When a dealer is selling my boat for me, is it customery for a boat dealer to maintain anonymity between seller and buyer? I am in a situation where the dealer does not want me present for the test ride and final transaction. It does not make sense to me.

I am concerned that the dealer could negotiate a price with the seller and then turn around and negotiate a lower price with me essentially increasing his commission.

I have asked for a copy of the sales contract and copy of the check written by the buyer. They said no problem to the sales contract but are hemming and hawing over the copy of the check.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:07 PM
spliff540

Default Re: Boat dealers?

Just get copies of the contracts.
I dont like sellers at the Sea Trial because one salesperson is enough for any buyer to deal with. (Usually more than enough).
I have also lost deal due to over zellious sellers.
Get copies of all contracts including checks.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boat dealers?

Originally Posted by Too Old
1.If I was paying someone else to sell my boat, I'd want them to earn their commission. I wouldn't have any interest in being around potential buyers. You're paying someone else to handle that grief.
Thats what i thought when i read this thread. if you want to be there, make the deal and see the checks, sell it yourself. If not, who cares what his cut is as long as you get what you wanted.

I myself have a hard time giving up a boat and letting someone else test drive it etc., it would be tough for me to do, so i would sell it myself.