Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Good Luck Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84207-good-luck-fountain.html)

cuda 07-30-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Good Luck Fountain

I never saw a video of OL running, but that Fountain looked like it was running on rails when it hit 160. I don't think anyone will hit 175. I just hope nobody gets killed.

rouxsterre 07-30-2004 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cord
Fountain will take the record. One week later they'll lose it.

Lose it to a photo of a GPS again ? ? ?

rouxsterre 07-31-2004 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Madcow
If these guys want to impress me they will have to do it on the course.

Fountain HAS been proving it on the racecourse - for about the last TWENTY years.
Over those twenty-odd years, I would venture to guess that NO manufacturer can even BEGIN to approach Fountain's success on the racecourse.

Even the 'Rio Roses' boat ( fastest V-hull of all time ) has a distinguished racing legacy.

CMG 07-31-2004 07:55 AM

When / is it televised?

Ange 07-31-2004 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rio Roses is a butt kicking boat. This was Deerfield last year.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-31-2004 09:26 AM

Hey Ange,

That pic looks like a 75 footer! :drink:

DollaBill 07-31-2004 09:39 AM

I have seen the boat. All I have to say is watch out OL. I think conditions will be the issue.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-31-2004 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
I think conditions will be the issue.

So if it's rough, OL will have an advantage??? :eek:

IDRPSTF 07-31-2004 02:15 PM

What sport? I don't think either one of these boats would last one lap in a real offshore race. If these guys want to impress me they will have to do it on the course.
What do you mean "What Sport"
Is drag racing a sport? Boat motorcycle or vehicle.
You put two competitors against one another trying to achieve a goal before or above the other and you have yourself a sport.

Unless you've got the stones to run a boat that fast, I would not question the validity of the sport.

This competition has brought new light and new recognition (As well as new technology) to a game we all love to play. Best of luck two both camps and lets hope we come out with high numbers instead of sad stories.

MD

Hauling Trash 08-01-2004 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Fountain HAS been proving it on the racecourse - for about the last TWENTY years.
Over those twenty-odd years, I would venture to guess that NO manufacturer can even BEGIN to approach Fountain's success on the racecourse.

Even the 'Rio Roses' boat ( fastest V-hull of all time ) has a distinguished racing legacy.

Rio Rose`s was the old ZNETIX ,