Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's Going to Win? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84213-whos-going-win.html)

ofshore 08-03-2004 11:23 AM

Re: Who's Going to Win?

Originally Posted by T2x
Wait a second...isn't this thread about the fastest VEE BOTTOM???????

I don't care if the damn thing is 16 feet long...... we're talking about max speed. Frankly, the bigger the boat is, the more stable it will be at high speed , all things being equal...since the SCALE speed goes down with size.

T2x

That's the way i read it. Until one of them claim to have to most efficient hull they can put whatever they want in the boats and hopefully all of this will benefit the boating industry some day.

Havasu Cig 08-03-2004 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bar768
How is it any different other than the deck and engines? It is the same 42 hull as the pleasure boats, the boat being used this weekend is actually the old style hull, the boats that they are building now are a newer hull than is under any raceboat now and is considerabaly better. The deck is different. They do have a new poker run boat which is even a lower profile than the current raceboat decks and looks even better. The last time I checked Fountain will put any engines in a customers boat. So how is it "nothing" like the ones they sell?

I have been in the old Ohio Steel Fountain and production Fountains and they don't compare to each other. I have never been in the Rio Roses Fountain but I have a feeling it is nothing like their production boats. Not trying to Flame Fountains but they are what they are, and for the most part they are production boats.

If I compare a new Fountain to my Cig their is no comparison. For the money Fountain builds a nice boat. OL on the other hand will build you the exact boat they are using to attempt to take the speed record. I could care less, just an observation and opinion on my part. :cool:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-03-2004 07:45 PM

I was in Rio Roses.

The cabin consisted of stringers, bulkheads and ballast tanks. If I remember correctly, the only way into the bow area was through a port hole hatch on the forward deck....

rouxsterre 08-03-2004 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
OL on the other hand will build you the exact boat they are using to attempt to take the speed record.

I believe ( may be wrong ) that if you bring them the MONEY, Fountain will build you the exact boat they are using to defend the speed record.

Question: how many xXx-type boats have been delivered to OL customers ?
Disclaimer: just a question, I really have no idea.

cigarette1 08-03-2004 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
I believe ( may be wrong ) that if you bring them the MONEY, Fountain will build you the exact boat they are using to defend the speed record.

Question: how many xXx-type boats have been delivered to OL customers ?
Disclaimer: just a question, I really have no idea.

I think at least three :confused:

rouxsterre 08-04-2004 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by cigarette1
I think at least three :confused:

Wow. . . must be some HIGH dollar rides. Was "Miss Sonance" one of them ?
God that was a fine-lookin, FAST-lookin sled.

And I only saw it on a trailer on Edinger. . . guess you saw it at Havvie ?

cigarette1 08-04-2004 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Miss Sonance is not in the xXx class

fountain82 08-04-2004 12:15 AM

Fountain All The Way! 180+ Mph!!!!!!!!!!

dkwestern 08-04-2004 11:09 AM

I didn't know they could remove the top, that is bad azz.

Neverfastenuf 08-04-2004 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I also didnt think he was running Sterling power?

RaceCrafters