Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's Going to Win? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84213-whos-going-win.html)

dreamboater 08-04-2004 06:38 PM

Re: Who's Going to Win?

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
RaceCrafters

Thats what I had heard as well. Should be interesting. I know its been said a lot already, but hopefully nobody gets hurt. Someone needs to take video of these runs, not just pictures. What time are they running??

DPT MOTORSPORTS 08-04-2004 07:24 PM

I think Reggie will most likely win this Battle this time. Not that I am knocking Outerlimits as they are a very fine V-Bottom manufacturer. Reggie just has a little more experience with the whole kilo thing then Outerlimits has. Remember all the kilo's Fountain has held over the years.

I do have to say that I must agree with T2X with the Hledin built 399 Skater V topping both Outerlimits and Fountains attempts. Although I don't think you will see Pete show up anytime soon unless personally challenged. Plus I really think he is not into pissing matches as it is.

Maximus 08-04-2004 08:21 PM

Well Gent's While right now (insurance wise) is probably not the best time for these guys to race....I'll be watching with cold beer and popcorn.

reliable super secret spy info:

Reggie had reason to be cocky when he said don't bother showing up if your not doing 170..his new 42 will be powered by 2x 2000(plus/minus) hp monsters.

Maximus (secret squrril)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-05-2004 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus
reliable super secret spy info:

Reggie had reason to be cocky when he said don't bother showing up if your not doing 170..his new 42 will be powered by 2x 2000(plus/minus) hp monsters.

Maximus (secret squrril)

Well,
I certainly wouldn't want to be sitting on the beach of the campground if he is going east and his starboard engine decided to blow up at 170. I feel the boat would hook instantly to the right and head up on the beach... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope they have taken some precautions in setting up the course. Concrete barriers perhaps along the beach?

jbrauer 08-05-2004 05:57 AM

It sounds to me like Sterling is the BIG winner already!!

Ange 08-05-2004 06:25 AM

Sharkey, barriers? What barriers? I sat on the pier right behind the OLN cameras last year. They don't got no stinkin' barriers!

GLH 08-05-2004 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Too Old
It's just like 'rasslin. A little controversy keeps thing interesting.

'rasslin interesting? time to get Fred out of his order books.

Where is the "One will wipe himself out and give the sport a one hundredth and fifty seventh black eye" choice

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-05-2004 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ange
Sharkey, barriers? What barriers?

It was only a suggestion Ange.

I know how close the Supercats ran to the beach in 2000, and I hate the thought of a kilo boat running at those kind of speeds suddenly losing an engine or prop and the boat takes a violent turn in the direction of the campground. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perhaps the kilo course will be further out into the middle of the river to avoid that....

Just a thought....

Ange 08-05-2004 08:35 AM

I think the best you could hope for down there is sandbags from the hurricane. I want to say they did run pretty much in the middle last year. There will be far more people watching the kilos this time around though, so it really is an issue. We were the only ones at Whichard's Beach for the kilos last year but the situation is completely different now. I do hope everything runs safely and smoothly tomorrow morning. And best of luck to everyone.