Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don Aronow 39' cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84222-don-aronow-39-cat.html)

fund razor 08-02-2004 02:32 PM

Re: Don Aronow 39' cat

I'm not a Don freak either, T2x, and you make some great points, and you do it well.

However, "had he lived" he would be just as boring as everybody else "who lived" through and beyond the eighties.

I think that NONE of us are doing the same things the same way as we did in 1986.
I can only assume that had Don not been killed, he would have chilled out some as he got older.
In 1986 I was doing things that I haven't done for a long time. (Thank God)

Using your logic about his interests and behavior:
Rosie O'Donnell would be straight.
Russia would be communist.
Guns and Roses would be together.
Miami Vice would still be a hit.
George HW would be vice president.

You see what I mean.

You're dead on about the Cat thing though... If you can't use the hull whole, cut it in half and keep the orders you had before you sold the V-hull company.

My guess is that if he hadn't been killed, he would have eventually done some time, chilled out, come up with a new idea of how to get the best minds and materials in one place, made a killing in the internet boom, got out in 99, and moved to somewhere warm (without manatees) to get old and fat.

Some people really are self promoters.
Then again, some people really are larger than life.

Zero Cavity 08-02-2004 02:37 PM

KACHINA KEN:

The Aronow cat you are looking at was totaly redone by McManus for a costumer in Spain.
For more info call McManus at 239-454-1114

T2x 08-02-2004 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I'm not a Don freak either, T2x, and you make some great points, and you do it well.

I agree completely.

Using your logic about his interests and behavior:
Rosie O'Donnell would be straight..

Or Elton John would still be gay.

Russia would be communist.

Or Muslim fanatics would still hate us

Guns and Roses would be together.

Or the Stones would still be tearin' it up.

Miami Vice would still be a hit.

Or The Today show would still be around

George HW would be vice president.

Or Teddy Kennedy would still be a political bag of wind.

Some people really are self promoters.

And some people will see them as Larger than Life.

T2x........... Clearly obsolete

BROWNIE 08-02-2004 03:13 PM

When Aronow chopped out that cat, he put it together and came down to get me at Cougar, down the street. I was the Prez, and had been for a few years, and Don wanted my opinion. We stood back and looked at it, and I said "By God, Don, you've done it this time! This could be the first boat in history with all the bad features of both kinds of boats". When GHW Bush bought the blue thunder BS, I had not changed my opinion. Equipped with all that gummint secret crap, they were real DOGS! Twin 540's = 54 mph.

But I do have an open mind. When Drew told me of their Diesel/Arneson boat, I believed him. As his experience with the project grew, he got higher and higher on it. I think that I wouldn't mind having one myself.

In addition, some of you guys must not be getting any. Lighten up!

fund razor 08-02-2004 03:13 PM

Wow...T2x

Don't sell yourself short. You don't share his arrogance.... you own it outright.

Stormrider 08-02-2004 03:29 PM

Some boats just need diesels to run right.
I wouldn't throw a pair of 525s in a 47 Viking!

T2x 08-02-2004 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
When Aronow chopped out that cat, he put it together and came down to get me at Cougar, down the street. I was the Prez, and had been for a few years, and Don wanted my opinion. We stood back and looked at it, and I said "By God, Don, you've done it this time! This could be the first boat in history with all the bad features of both kinds of boats". When GHW Bush bought the blue thunder BS, I had not changed my opinion. Equipped with all that gummint secret crap, they were real DOGS! Twin 540's = 54 mph.

But I do have an open mind. When Drew told me of their Diesel/Arneson boat, I believed him. As his experience with the project grew, he got higher and higher on it. I think that I wouldn't mind having one myself.

In addition, some of you guys must not be getting any. Lighten up!

Well there you have it...... an unequivocal position which clearly states that both sides of this issue might be right.

Brownie...... I admire your resolute point of view on this issue. In fact I understand that Florida is adding a "Both or neither" column specifically in your honor for this year's election :p :drool:

Which reminds me of that Florida Congressman who offered me a Gold Rolex to get his boat to .................... ummmm.....that's another story ;)

T2x

T2x 08-02-2004 03:41 PM

Wow...T2x

Don't sell yourself short. You don't share his arrogance.... you own it outright.

Thanks ...but you're too kind.

T2x :D

T2x 08-02-2004 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Stormrider
I wouldn't throw a pair of 525s in a 47 Viking!

Maybe you could cut the Viking in half and make one of these.

Comanche3Six 08-02-2004 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider

And Arnesons