Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "JAMMIN ON THE JAMES" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84303-jammin-james.html)

clearcut3 08-02-2004 01:18 PM

Re: "JAMMIN ON THE JAMES"

Here is a link to a photo gallery I have.

Enjoy!! :drink:

Jammin on the James

excursion 08-02-2004 03:14 PM

Thanks to everyone that was apart of the event and like Steve said earlier, next year will be even bigger and better, so when you get the registration in Feb. or March dont wait get it in that day, you wont want to miss this!!!!!
It was a pleasure getting to put some faces with screen names.

The dock pre-party got things going and then the WORX band rocked the place. I hope that everyone had a blast, from Friday night to Sunday.

Hope to see everyone next year, and maybe a few more.

James
HYPERACTIVE

Vyper340 08-02-2004 07:59 PM

Man that was FUN! After partying all night and passing out it was off for a 4am cruise back to Va Beach. The bay was like glass and the moon was in its full brightness. We'll see you all at the HRPA Little Creek Regatta this coming weekend!

Dave
Vyper340

excursion 08-03-2004 07:14 AM

To add one more note the video should be great, we had 4-6 footer in the bay area.

And at the dock party we gave away 800 pair of beads to the women, what a sight to be seen.

James
HYPERACTIVE

runnin gun 08-03-2004 09:35 AM

I can say the poke run was the best i have been on. The dock party was a blast and thanks to James for the beads which brought out the women.

Terry

Sydwayz 08-03-2004 09:59 AM

This was an excellent Poker Run, hats off to the organizing committee of the RPBA.

Two nights of entertainment; first, a little one man show night before; great time.

Great run, perfect distance, and I actually did like the minimal stops idea. It worked well.

Lunch was great, although docking 80+ boats in there was a sight to see, yet remarkably organized. The shower at lunch was well timed to cool everyone off.

Missed the dock party, as we were at the hospital, but the ambulance ride was cool.

Then the banquet afterwards.... the band rocked the house; the food was awesome... shrimp kept coming out until you thought Bubba Gump was sitting next to you; prime rib until your heart was having an angina attack, and not sure what to say about the bacon wrapped scallops, but they were awesome.

The fact that the same guy won, two years in a row, Tucker, from Lake Anna, VA, well, that is just plain fishy. :D :D

Randy Nuzzo, excellent photography, and thanks for the ride back to the boat, albeit, getting bit by a dog asking for directions to the marina. Hope its nothing too serious.

Ride back west on Sunday was a really nice ride, albeit the rain storms. The paintball masks I picked up worked quite well to keep on trucking thru the rain.

My only complaint is the ramp at Jordan Point, and people who insisted on making it a double ramp. Its too crowded to try and do two boats at one time; coupled with the breeze, it was bear. My rubrail was less than 6 inches from the dock when I retrieved, and less than one foot away from the boat pulling out next to me, up a curved ramp. Just made more sense to me to be safer and go one at a time.

Steve Gresham thanks for the generator use on Friday night.
Mike & Dana Cole, thanks for the A/C use and breakfast, both much appreciated.

BillR and Aggressor 25, thanks for pulling me out of the water after my dip; and everyone who helped out after.

Clearcut3 and other OSO members, great to meet/see you.

We'll be back next year, and signing up earlier to get better dock space at the Radisson.

docmanrich37 08-04-2004 05:17 PM

Looking for the photographer's website does anyone have it?

Cignificant 08-04-2004 07:39 PM

www.pokerrunpix.com

They're starting to load the pix tonight...

fastedy 08-05-2004 06:38 AM

Best, Most Organized Poker Run I have ever done, Just sorry no one crossed the Bay with us, People on the Beach on the Eastern Shore were looking forward to seeing a parade of boats, maybe next year.

Sydwayz 08-05-2004 06:48 AM

Eddie, I will cross next year; as long as the boat is 100%. I am disappointed I could not do it this year.

The pics from the chopper look great.