Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Milwaukee Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84327-milwaukee-race.html)

Downtown42 08-02-2004 03:34 PM

Re: Milwaukee Race

1 Attachment(s)
Tnks HP. Sorry we missed you. Cord, is that cat ever going to run again? It's August you know.

Met the Pantera family and I believe they mean well. They build a great boat.
Ran into Little Tommy(extra clean tribal boat), MnFast boat(die-hard), JimV(took a checkered flag Sunday) Brian P4-33 Fountain of Youth(checkered flag on Sunday and fastest GPS speed, go figure --FOUNTAIN) and many other local folks. Weather was great Sat and Sunday.

Sorry Joe I missed you but good job. I was "Turn 1 Boat Saturday. That is me behind Joe.

hp500efi 08-02-2004 03:38 PM

Dave, we saw you floating out there and again near the wall after the races talking to Hugh...sorry we missed you as well. Yes weather was great and the wind brought just enough chop :)

Cord 08-02-2004 03:38 PM

Cool! I'll be down in that area this Saturday, so I could just pick it up too. :cool: It looks like the fitting cross threaded into the block. We talked about and thought that there may not have been enough threads to get the nipple to start straight. Several of the other fittings also went in crooked but they sealed. Strangly, they were angled exactly the same. Almost as if the tap didn't go in straight. I ordered some stainless T fittings from McMaster this morning. I'll just weld them to a plate and call it done. I'll also pay you for the block as it proably was my error that damaged it. :cool:

Downtown42 08-02-2004 03:43 PM

HP-Will hook up with you soon I hope. Sunday was alot better for me. On shore with cold beer and great women everywhere. With 2 weeks of summer in WI, they let loose when they can. Sunday's crowd was 10 times the Sat race.

Cord 08-02-2004 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Cord, is that cat ever going to run again? It's August you know.

That's the way the card fall. I busted ass to get this thing back together and it was one little problem that bit me. The real kicker is that it was the same problem that I tore it apart to solve. The problem was simply that some pipe threads wouldn't seal. The whole assembly was put together with the engine out of the boat and access was non-existant. This is a problem that I've been butting my head against for a while and I thought that I had finally licked it. Well, a slight modification to my original design and the boat should be ready to go this weekend. Luckly, a couple of heads put together and I now have a design that won't require pulling the engine every time.

OshkoshThunder-if you are getting the impression that we worked very hard to get on the water, then you are correct. This one problem was simply insurmountable-especially on a weekend. I needed parts, time and a tig welder. Non of which was going to happen on short notice.

Downtown42 08-02-2004 04:58 PM

Cord, I saw you Sat morning towing to race village, but you missed my white ram. Boat looked good on the trailer as it went by. I wanted to hear it run.

Waterfoul 08-02-2004 05:01 PM

I can tell you for a fact that Cord and I busted AZZ!!! to get that thing on the water both days. Every time we got it to a point where we thought we had it right, another problem surfaced. Very, very frustrating.

Oh, and Tim, I have a bruise on my arm from forcing it into the Stellings box to tighten up that fitting. I'll send you a bill. :D

I have a lot of pics also... I'll be posting them later tonight.

'Foul

Little Tommy 08-02-2004 08:57 PM

Kathy and I had a great time at the races. It was great to meet many of you and to finally put faces with your name.
Jo (Pantera)- No thanks are necessary, I am just sorry that we were unable to get you back on the race course. It sure was great meeting you and your crew. I look forward to seeing you at another event in the near future.
And to Joe Skrocki and the JBS crew, it was great seeing you once again. Thanks for coming up Milwaukee (P.S. Magnum Mark and Lucy say hello form New York)
Congratulations to everyone who made this event a fun and safe one. Til next year......

LT and Kathy :D