Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette 45' Maximus (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84371-cigarette-45-maximus.html)

BLee 08-02-2004 10:59 PM

Re: Cigarette 45' Maximus

I am 100% positive that it is the former Rio Roses boat. Phil has been building/converting it for awhile. The owner and Phil will confirm it.

That was a different 45 being built for a different customer in the pic G took.

cigarette1 08-02-2004 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My bad ... Rio Roses does have the same steps.

G

cigarette1 08-02-2004 11:48 PM

I knew Phil was working on the Rio Roses, converting it to an open cockpit, the canopy is hanging from his showroom ceiling. Man, it came out nice. I can't wait to see the finished product of the one I showed under construction.

G

BLee 08-03-2004 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cigarette1
I knew Phil was working on the Rio Roses, converting it to an open cockpit, the canopy is hanging from his showroom ceiling. Man, it came out nice. I can't wait to see the finished product of the one I showed under construction.

G

It's perfect. Talked to the owner yesterday and they are expecting 130 out of it when all dialed in and ready. Should be the meanest Cig out there, again. :cool:

The boat is painted exactly like Phil's brothers boat. He was originally going to keep it, so they wanted to have twin boats. Phil and T.A. being great friends, struck a deal and Phil sold him the boat. Pudge will have the next one. Should be done soon. :cool:

Damn pic won't load.

WickedWon 08-03-2004 09:58 AM

Spent some time checking the boat out at LEOPA, they truly did a beautiful job of converting it to open cockpit, the detailing is impressive. Also spent time watching it run ( the pics didn't turn out) I can't figure out why they're running those HUGE tabs ? The boat has an unusual, practially bow down attitude at speed, I've never seen anything like it, almost spooky. Pushing that much wetted surface to 130mph is gonna take some serious steam ( I don't care how many steps it's got ). At a distance when they were running next to the 36' Gladiators the Maximus ran even flatter than them, THATS FLAT !

pm203 08-03-2004 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by cigarette1
I'm pretty damn sure that it isn't the Rio Roses boat. It didn't have steps like these. And they wouldn't have separated the deck :eureka: This pic was from Jan '04

That boat is the old Rio Roses boat for sure,guaranteed.

LEOPAJM 08-03-2004 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by WickedWon
Spent some time checking the boat out at LEOPA, they truly did a beautiful job of converting it to open cockpit, the detailing is impressive. Also spent time watching it run ( the pics didn't turn out) I can't figure out why they're running those HUGE tabs ? The boat has an unusual, practially bow down attitude at speed, I've never seen anything like it, almost spooky. Pushing that much wetted surface to 130mph is gonna take some serious steam ( I don't care how many steps it's got ). At a distance when they were running next to the 36' Gladiators the Maximus ran even flatter than them, THATS FLAT !

Damn Dude .... You don't miss a thing .... I noticed the "nose down" attitude from an unusually close vantage point at one time saturday morning :rolleyes: ... Now here's the next question ... Who remembers how many times that one went over and/or "changed direction" during it's racin' days as RioRoses ???

Half Nutz 08-03-2004 12:50 PM

I believe I saw it upside down twice.

Dan

ONESICKGLADIATOR 08-03-2004 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No matter what .
It is still the fastest cigarette on the water.

Rick OSG

OffshoreOnly 08-03-2004 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
I asked the owner if he is an OSO member he said nope doesn't have the time, I guess he is busy making money to pay the bills :D Donna, Ms PatriYacht

Not a member, don't believe it. He just likes to remain on the QT. He does not like tio reveal his screen name. Great Guy and long time member. Very few posts.