Notices

what would you buy?

Old 08-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you buy?

i have decided to sell my first boat. i am looking at buying a 25-28 foot boat. i have seen some 28s come in a twin version. now, my questions to you are, what brand of boat would you buy? would you buy a 25 or 26 or would you buy a 28 with twins or a single? anything you guys say would help thank you. i am looking for used.

and if anyone knows anyone looking for a 1990 four winns liberator with a 350 and a king cobra drive, custom dash with new gauges, rebuilt drive, very clean with trailer please let me know.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: what would you buy?

I would buy this one
Attached Thumbnails what would you buy?-2973mnfastboat_buzzes_our_cove.jpg   what would you buy?-28_sportcat_vermillion_.jpg   what would you buy?-2021p8230050-med.jpg  

Old 08-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

28 skater, twin 300's.
thats what i'd get if i was doing it over again.
depends on what yoru looking for.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve_H

yesrej , where do you do your boating?
water conditions mean everything......
price range?
overnighting?
give us more to go on.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not buy a Magic/Sleekcraft. Just got screwed on a 28' Magic Cat. Will post as soon as I edit and re-edit my experience. Want to be as objective as possible.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks for the posts guys. i am looking for a v bottom. i do my boating on the hudson river. im not sure of a price range yet but im thinking around 30k. being 23 only puts a limit on price but im getting really into performance boating and would like something to really fit in with it. but i also like to be different.i do love spending nights on the boat so a cabin is a must. i would like to be in the 70 mph range if possible. i have a few friends that run low to mid 60s that i would love to blow out of the water. i mean i started with my four winns liberator that tops at 54 gps so more speed is needed. thanks again guys. you guys have always been a big help. im glad i joined the board.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

I Don't Know If You Can Find One That Cheep . But My Choice Would Be A 27 Or 29 Ft Warlock. My 29 Was A Single 500hp It Would Run 82 Gps Mph. It Loved 3-4 Fters. And Would Run All Weekend On $80 Of Gas .these Boats Are Hard To Find On The East Coast , But If You Find One You Won't Be Disappointed
Old 08-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Steve_H

Seams like a good buy

Old 08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i do really like the panteras. i was very lucky and went fishing with my father at the atlantic highlands in nj and meet jim Mcabean owner of a 96 28foot pantera.this boat was amazing. in great shape and he does all the work himself. he let me on his boat and told me all about it.the problem with panteras is i simply cant find one in my price range.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Registered

Yesrej,

Look for a used 25' Checkmate. Great performance and ride. Nice classic style. With stock engine, 60 to mid 70 mph. On the top end, there are guys running the hull in the six digits. Good cabin and cockpit size for a 25. It's worth looking at a 25' Cmate.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: what would you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.