What if I sold the Formula... >

What if I sold the Formula...

Notices

What if I sold the Formula...

Old 08-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What if I sold the Formula...

I've been considering selling my 1990 Formula 292 SR 1 in favor of a more family friendly boat. The problem is that I love my Formula but my wife keeps saying that there is not much cockpit space to have non-boat owning couples and/or families to go with us. So, reluctantly, I've done some light searching on the net and found a 1991 Sea Ray 310 Sunsport w/twin 454 mags, Sea Ray style thru hull exhaust, heat/ac etc.

Have any of ya'll been on one of these? How do they perform? Part of me just wants to keep the Formula I have; it just runs excellent and very reliable.
It seems like the best mix of cruiser and performance style of boat. Any suggestions or comments?
Old 08-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Re: What if I sold the Formula...

One idea would be the Formula 330 sun sport. Will still run 60 with 454 mags/bravo three. Has the look of a formula sr1 but the seating of a crusier. And the best this is it is still a formula.

Don
Old 08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
there is not much cockpit space to have non-boat owning couples and/or families to go with us.

f-ck em!
Old 08-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the exact opposite. Im trying to sell my Pantera becasue there is too much cockpit space. All i need is 4 bolsters to take few girls out. Although the sink and extra space is great, ive decided that i dont need it for the type of boating that i want to be doing. The space is great to take 6 people to shooters to lunch, which is what my dad likes to do, but i dont need that now.
IF your interested i'll give ya a nice deal.
http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoc...php?a=2&b=1755

on a side note.
what about a bigger center console if your looking for something else with a lot of room. I also have a 28 century (not selling) that can hold a ton of people. Southern Boating this month has a center console buyers guide. A lto of them are pretty fast and have decent cuddy cabins. Its worth checking out.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:25 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

I've been considering selling my 1990 Formula 292 SR 1 in favor of a more family friendly boat. The problem is that I love my Formula but my wife keeps saying that there is not much cockpit space to have non-boat owning couples and/or families to go with us. So, reluctantly, I've done some light searching on the net and found a 1991 Sea Ray 310 Sunsport w/twin 454 mags, Sea Ray style thru hull exhaust, heat/ac etc.

Have any of ya'll been on one of these? How do they perform? Part of me just wants to keep the Formula I have; it just runs excellent and very reliable.
It seems like the best mix of cruiser and performance style of boat. Any suggestions or comments?
Hey Nancy - your out of the club, turn in your penis.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Registered

Alright ya'll, it's not like that! Have ya'll seen the 310 Sunsport? It's a pretty sweet lookin' boat. It's actually the model boat I almost bought instead of the Formula I have but they (at the time) were out of my price range. If I was computer savy enough, I'd post a pic or two. From a couple of people, I've heard these boats will run around 60+ MPH. The cool thing is that it's got a 9'6" beam with a wraparound back seat (to fit all of the non-boaters, a consideration when you have 3 kids who want to bring their friends), radar arch and thru hull exhaust.

I guess I'm just getting older...
Old 08-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a nice boat and you seem to be set on it. If its what you want, then get it.
Sea ray builds a great boat. Once of my dads friends has one thats about 15 yrs old and still in great condition.
Good luck with it.
-Rick

so does anyone else want my pantera?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:25 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Alright ya'll, it's not like that! Have ya'll seen the 310 Sunsport? It's a pretty sweet lookin' boat....
Attached Thumbnails What if I sold the Formula...-cartoon1-small-.jpg  
Old 08-04-2004, 05:27 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

all right, all right - I'm done. Just giving you crap, I'm married too. Its nice being on the lucky side every so often.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Registered

See, I was afraid of being kicked of the Forums by owning a Sea Ray!! If that's the case, I should definately reconsider!

Truth of the matter is that my wife really could give a damn what kind of boat I own! I was hoping she may get into boating a little more if the accomodations were a little better Even with the Sea Ray, she still would probably give a damn !!

Check this out: http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/4/71365604.htm

Quick Reply: What if I sold the Formula...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.