Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat! >

Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Notices

Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Old 08-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Originally Posted by T2x
Hmmmm seems like the person who made the original statement about the DCB evaporated...........

I guess....but, you don't see a lot of people trading Skaters..... for Magics and the rest of that junk.

T2x

P.S...... Buy a Skater....... You can get great graphics.... and gosh! If you wanna display it for your friends at the dock and on a trailer, you don't even have to buy engines. In which case the performance is identical to anything made west of Denver.
The boat running almost neck and neck with the 40' Skater that has dominated the Heat Wave poker runs at Havasu has been a DCB. What does that say about the rest of the pack that has been following (including other Skaters)?

If you read the comments from the person that started this thread I don't think he is in the Skater market.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:07 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by merlin540
i have a 32 inboard with #5's and supercharged engines aka the AGITATOR and it runs over 140plus and it has out ran everything its been up against yet. so to answer your question buy a skater mine is 17 years old and it still runs the number. i drive it hard. seeya
Yeah, but if you had a DCB your graphics would go 140 mph, and just think of how much fun you'd have trying to catch them

T2x............
Old 08-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not in the Skater market! Too much insurance, too expensive, not a family boat. Just want a smooth ride for the kids and wife, a bit of ocean fun and a lot of Havasu floating.

Funny how much we spend to launch, drive for 10 minutes and float a whole day. Expensive seat for the game!
Old 08-06-2004, 05:12 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
What does that say about the rest of the pack that has been following (including other Skaters)?
Ummmm let me see........ They're all intoxicated from paint fumes?

T2x-------------Many years ago the earth tilted and all the..........

Last edited by T2x; 08-06-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kcgbjc
I am not in the Skater market! Too much insurance, too expensive, not a family boat. Just want a smooth ride for the kids and wife, a bit of ocean fun and a lot of Havasu floating.

!
God Bless you....Buy a used Skater.

T2x
Old 08-06-2004, 05:15 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tssteph
a 32 skater with twin 500 HP motors will run a 100, no need for big HP for the speed you want. Keep in mind outboards like fuel.

I have a friend with a 29 DCB with tripple OB 300's (brand new), another friend with a 32 Skater with 1000 HP each twins. The DCB uses almost double the fuel and runs 40 mph slower.
Jus' tryin' to be helpful.

T2x
Old 08-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

T2x,
I know you have been around performance boating for a long time and are very knowledgeable on the subject. I really have to laugh at your rediculous antics about Skater, Skater, Skater. NO doubt, they build an awesome boat, but they aren't the only game in town.

I am tired of your continuous negative posting's about how bad stepped V-bottoms are. I don't own a stepped V-bottom either. You probably never owned a stepped V-bottom in your life and furthermore, Skater's have a step in them for a reason. Why is that?? Then to add insult to injury, you state that stepped bottoms are (in your own words) "a gimmick" Let's get real here, stepped bottoms are making boats go alot faster with less power....PERIOD....
Old 08-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Yeah, but if you had a DCB your graphics would go 140 mph, and just think of how much fun you'd have trying to catch them

T2x............
140 is not going to cut it in Havasu. You better be running in the 160 range or you will be following (at a distance).
Old 08-06-2004, 05:21 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
T2x,
I know you have been around performance boating for a long time and are very knowledgeable on the subject. I really have to laugh at your rediculous antics about Skater, Skater, Skater. NO doubt, they build an awesome boat, but they aren't the only game in town.

I am tired of your continuous negative posting's about how bad stepped V-bottoms are. I don't own a stepped V-bottom either. You probably never owned a stepped V-bottom in your life and furthermore, Skater's have a step in them for a reason. Why is that?? Then to add insult to injury, you state that stepped bottoms are (in your own words) "a gimmick" Let's get real here, stepped bottoms are making boats go alot faster with less power....PERIOD....
Okay .... You're right ..... I am too negative... and something must be done to protect you from me.... so let me be more touchy feely....would that make you feel better.

1. I love all the pretty West Coast boat thingies

2. I will ignore all the stepped hull spinouts from now on and drink Koolaid when I am told.... Like a good soldier.

There isn't that better?

T2x
Old 08-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tssteph

I have a friend with a 29 DCB with tripple OB 300's (brand new), another friend with a 32 Skater with 1000 HP each twins. The DCB uses almost double the fuel and runs 40 mph slower.

ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME??????????????
What a B.S, statement that is. I was in a Tiger with twin 1,000's yesterday (with HavasuCig) and we went to Catalina and that boat drank ALOT of fuel. We were running hard.
It is impossible for 3x 300's to use more fuel than twin 1,000's!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.