Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84647-kilo-time-outerlimits-vs-fountain.html)

Wildchild212 08-07-2004 03:25 PM

Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

With the title at stake and all of the big talk. (from both sides) NOt only would I have had spare motors, drives etc. I would have had my engine builder standing right there at the dock.

Take the win any way you can. It would have been nice to have both of them run, it makes it that much sweeter, when you win the title of the fastest V.

Hustler40 08-07-2004 05:38 PM

This was a total disapointment, i would have loved to have seen both of these guys go at it. I have to admit im like the outerlimits more than the fountain, but the fountain performed today and they deserve the title. I don't have anything against fountain powerboats, but I hate to feed Reggies already way to big ego. Maybe he can increase his sales from this, then he can afford some bigger MR. T gold chains to wear and some more cheesy black hair die.

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 05:56 PM

As always, winner takes all!

dhlaw 08-07-2004 06:02 PM

Well if nothing else this settles the crap for a while.... Reggie was there and put up some impressive numbers. OL was there and didnt put up any numbers. The issue is settled until the next Kilo. In other words, Fountain is the heavyweight champ until beaten.....

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Well if nothing else this settles the crap for a while.... Reggie was there and put up some impressive numbers. OL was there and didnt put up any numbers. The issue is settled until the next Kilo. In other words, Fountain is the heavyweight champ until beaten.....

Exactly. That is how any sport is played.

fobes 08-07-2004 06:18 PM

Fountain is the man right now, that may change, it may not, but he deserves credit and really, who cares about his gold chains and his hair, what does that have to do with his boats? I met Mr. Fountain at the Miami Boat Show a couple of years ago and he took the time to not only shake my hand and say "hi" but to discuss a particular boat that he no longer makes, all this while there were big name offshore players and a camera crew milling about putting demands on his time, that doesn't sound like someone with an out of control ego. I never never met Mr. Fiore but have only heard good things about him. If one of them goes 200 mph it is not going to influence my boat puchase as I consider looks, build quality, rough water performance, lineage, among other things when compiling my short list, top speed is not in the top three. I say just sit back and enjoy the contest.

mcollinstn 08-07-2004 06:49 PM

Hydrocruiser,

Fountain won this matchup. Period.

That, however, doesn't make OL junk or crap. There wasn't a "proper" showdown due to mechanical issues.

Should OL have brought an additional $250,000 worth of Racecrafter spares? If you take the events of today in consideration, then the answer is certainly YES. But I don't know that there ARE a "spare" pair of RC 2000's lying around to take.

If these motors are scheduled for 30 hour rebuilds and were at 27 hours, then there is no particular reason to expect a breakage.

Was OL unprepared, apparently YES, they were unprepared for the loss of a motor.

I don't think this labels them as losers or posers or sandbaggers.

I hate that we all weren't able to see/hear about the head to head matchup. I was interested to see how it came out.

If Reggie had driven to Long Island to run in OLs home waters, would he have brought "extra boats"? Of course not - you don't build THREE kilo specials for a kilo run. You build and massage ONE to run. Would he have brought spare motors? Dunno. If he had them lying around, he may very well have done so. I vote no. Not for a kilo.

Fountain wins. Good show.
OL goes home broken. Doesn't make them junk.

I've gone to the races to compete before. I've taken spares, and been caught with my pants down and broke something I had no spare for. I've had to sit and watch from the stands. Maybe if you had ever been a racer you wouldn't be so critical of the OL group.

Or maybe you just took a double dose of ******* pills this morning...

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Hydrocruiser,

Fountain won this matchup. Period.

That, however, doesn't make OL junk or crap. There wasn't a "proper" showdown due to mechanical issues.

Should OL have brought an additional $250,000 worth of Racecrafter spares? If you take the events of today in consideration, then the answer is certainly YES. But I don't know that there ARE a "spare" pair of RC 2000's lying around to take.

If these motors are scheduled for 30 hour rebuilds and were at 27 hours, then there is no particular reason to expect a breakage.

Was OL unprepared, apparently YES, they were unprepared for the loss of a motor.

I don't think this labels them as losers or posers or sandbaggers.

I hate that we all weren't able to see/hear about the head to head matchup. I was interested to see how it came out.

If Reggie had driven to Long Island to run in OLs home waters, would he have brought "extra boats"? Of course not - you don't build THREE kilo specials for a kilo run. You build and massage ONE to run. Would he have brought spare motors? Dunno. If he had them lying around, he may very well have done so. I vote no. Not for a kilo.

Fountain wins. Good show.
OL goes home broken. Doesn't make them junk.

I've gone to the races to compete before. I've taken spares, and been caught with my pants down and broke something I had no spare for. I've had to sit and watch from the stands. Maybe if you had ever been a racer you wouldn't be so critical of the OL group.

Or maybe you just took a double dose of ******* pills this morning...

Hey Mc. Good to hear from ya! Hey I take the same pills you do, remember? :D :D :drink: Who else would do wheelies on a lawntractor? We are 2 of a kind!

Points well taken as always my friend except for one!
For a Kilo run you need fresher engines. Today was proof.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-07-2004 07:15 PM

Congrats to Reggie for making a safe, fast run.... :drink:

mcollinstn 08-07-2004 07:25 PM

I've had low hour units fail for scads of reasons. I honestly prefer a combo that has a few hours on it if I've got something to prove

BUT

Dang sure can't argue with proof, eh?

:)