Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Notices

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Old 08-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Cudos to Reggie for running 177. That's an amazing speed.

Hopefully the face off will happen at some point. Can you imagine the build up for the next one!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You know, if your not prepared, you just shouldn't show up to run Reggie. It's just not smart. He'll kick you ass every time. Why do you think he has dominated the V-boats for 15-20 years? My bet's on Reggie every time b/c he never gives anthing but his best. And ....that's why in going to buy a Fountain every time. Go get'm Reggie!!!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
I've had low hour units fail for scads of reasons. I honestly prefer a combo that has a few hours on it if I've got something to prove

BUT

Dang sure can't argue with proof, eh?

Hey Mc.

With Reggie it's not the number of notches on his belt that count; but rather the number of belts he has!
Old 08-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That is just some INSANE numbers!!!!! In my mind in no way does this take anything away from OL except that they can no longer advertise the fastest boat any more.... I am suprised that they did not have a back up plan with the stakes at hand but as has been mentioned earlier it is not like there are a lot of those motors around. I am just floored that V-hulls are going this fast.

Jon
Old 08-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
Well, this is even enough to get me to post...and it's been a long time. I'd like to know were all the big mouth nothing Outerlimits fan's are that jumped all over me and others blah blah blahing about how great they are. Hummmm..... Outerlimits was embarassed in the worse way today by Fountain....Fountain was prepared and has superior R&D and WOW that hull of their's is AWESOME! Fountain has proven time & time again in the rough and in the kilo they have what it takes.
Congratulations FOUNTAIN!!!!

I agree. The BS that was flying around here all year long was amazing. The blow hearted boasts, the inane swipes at Reggie's hair, the carrying on and crying foul, the disrespect for Fountain boats; owners, race accomplishments and R&D. Man just shoot at the top dog. Well guys, your boy had his wined about chance and and and ????? Large farting noises can be heard all the world over. Let's see how you guys bs yourselves and put a happy face on this.

To win in a speed competition or race, you otta prepare, test and plan for the unthinkable. You want to go that fast and your engines were not working correctly! This discovered after a drive from where? You could not fix the issue, no spares? No one to drive down what you needed? Some network. You want to tell me this is a company that stacks up? Please.... It's more than pretty colors and pulling for the underdog. You show up at an event after all the **** this year and you ain;t ready simply speaks VOLUMES!

But it wasn't real! XXX wasn't ready, could happen to anyone. Fountains are good but wait until OL is ready. It still hasn;t happened? Yea, thats the ticket - nothing went down, just a bad dream. I can hear the poop now....

Please note, I like OL boats. Know a few owners to, nice guys. I just think before you slam a guy like Reggie, you better be able to carry the load. Seems like a big PR stunt by OL all year, and you guys fueled it for them. Let me ask you, did you get a price break on your boat guys? A way to get recognition without delivering the goods in the real performance world (racing). You delivered it for them too....

I'll get in my bunker now.... T

Last edited by nolimits; 08-07-2004 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like everyone should give some credit to Sterling and Racecrafters
should receive more of the black eye.Lets face it your hull will only go as
fast as the HP pushing it. Just a thought?
Old 08-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Technical quesiton here, how do you get quotes to show up in that little white box?

Go to the message you want to quote. Click on the quote button. Edit out the stuff in between the two "Quote" 's at the top of your white box. Add your comment beneath and then post the message.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Seems like everyone should give some credit to Sterling and Racecrafters
should receive more of the black eye.Lets face it your hull will only go as
fast as the HP pushing it. Just a thought?

Some credit. The hard part is the hull.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With that said shouldn't they run the same power ???
Old 08-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Well, after reading some more of you guys' incredibly insightful posts, I have decided that OL makes a crappy hull because their motor broke.

I've also deduced that OL has horrible customer service because their motor broke.

I've also confidently decided that I'd rather pay twice for a Bayliner than to get an OL for free because their motor broke.

Down with OL.

On another note, I've decided that Fountain has the most awesome customer service ever because they ran 177.

I've also decided that Fountain has the best graphics AND the most plush cabins since they ran 177.

I've also decided that if I can somehow own a Fountain of any vintage and model, that I too can brag that a Fountain (just like mine) went 177.

Fountain rocks.
I'm renaming my dog Fountain.
And it will make him run so much faster.

Fountain became undisputed king of the mountain today.
177 is blisterin', no doubt.

But as far as I'm concerned, it means nothing more or less than they had a spectacular hull and power combo, properly sorted, that performed as expected today.

I certainly don't feel that any of the OL fans/owners have anything to go cry about.

mc

Quick Reply: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.