Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84647-kilo-time-outerlimits-vs-fountain.html)

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 09:44 AM

Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by Scott B
LOL, First time I have ever seen "Reggie" and "Principles" in the same sentence...

Reggie gets bashed a lot it seems. No matter what he seems to do it's never right around here. Either you like his boats or you don't that's a different matter. But when it comes to racing and granted these are specially prepared racing machines he plunks down big bucks, pays the price in terms of time and sweating the details and at least SHOWS UP. 50% of life is JUST SHOWING UP! If OL doesn't show I wouldn't want one of their boats for free. It's an embarrassment and disappointment to everyone.

I think it's time for some of the other builders to get involved too! That's what keeps a sport like this alive. It may be a drag race but who cares it draws attention to the sport and brings more folks into the showroom. Reggie probably sells more boats for his competition that way as he does for himself. He is promoting offshore power-boating.

OL get a darn boat over there for a run; borrow one if you have to :)

Scott B 08-07-2004 09:51 AM

HC, I'm not picking on him, I don't care either way. But,you have to admit it's funny... :D :D

Sean H 08-07-2004 10:04 AM

LOL, First time I have ever seen "Reggie" and "Principles" in the same sentence...

lmao.....

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 10:05 AM

HC, I'm not picking on him, I don't care either way. But,you have to admit it's funny... :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ya think?

Aqua Nut 08-07-2004 10:05 AM

Well said Hydrocruiser! I agree 100% This event has been a long time coming and it's hard to believe Outerlimits would not be more prepared. :(

bryanspeedracer 08-07-2004 10:11 AM

Maybe they sandbagged. They had someone "feel" out how fast Fountain would be and when they saw the big number it was like, "Jeez, I'd love to run our boat and beat you but- oh no, it's broke. See ya". Tra-la-la all the way home...

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Aqua Nut
Well said Hydrocruiser! I agree 100% This event has been a long time coming and it's hard to believe Outerlimits would not be more prepared. :(

We are talking about a MANUFACTURER that sell boats that cost around a million a copy. If they can't bring a couple boats with a trailer full of parts and motors for an event we have been waiting for they can bag it!

Hydrocruiser 08-07-2004 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
Maybe they sandbagged. They had someone "feel" out how fast Fountain would be and when they saw the big number it was like, "Jeez, I'd love to run our boat and beat you but- oh no, it's broke. See ya". Tra-la-la all the way home...

That is my best guess too. So when Reggie runs solo it's because they chickened out! I taked to a few guys insde who knew it was a 180 MPH boat+ if I can find that out so can "they".

Yea, in this instance Reggie is showing "principles" of being a good sport as he always has been. That's Reggies strongest point of character; that of being a good sport. He shows and he goes!

dhlaw 08-07-2004 10:20 AM

I can hardly imagine them planning to sandbag...... the abuse that OL will take from Fountain in the coming months in Powerboat mag, etc in the form of ads will hardly make it worthwhile. If Reggie would start throwing custom paint on his products he might just take some market share from OL.

Downtown42 08-07-2004 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
If Reggie would start throwing custom paint on his products he might just take some market share from OL.

Fountain's market share is strong. Swaying 2-3 customers of 18 boats built a year by OL is really irrelevant.

I do agree on the custom paint. I would buy a CIG way before OL.