August 7th Fun Run In Tampa >

August 7th Fun Run In Tampa

Notices

August 7th Fun Run In Tampa

Old 08-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default August 7th Fun Run In Tampa

Who's going? Anyone leaving from Sarasota or Nokomis?
Old 08-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Banned

Default Re: August 7th Fun Run In Tampa

I thought about trailering over, but it turns out, I need to be on the job site tomorrow.

How's the weather looking?
Old 08-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Registered

Weather looks great! How many boats are expected?
Old 08-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Registered

Pretty sure Im gonna go.......Putin in at Ft. Desoto......As for the weather I'll believe it when I see it. I'm so tired of the heat and the rain,but thats Fla.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Anyone else?
Old 08-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Banned

Formula Outlaw called me for directions to Egmont. Someone he knows is coming up with a Tiger.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

Cuda,

Where are we supposed to meet and what time?
Old 08-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned

OK gang! Have you had enough rain??? Geez...it's like the tropical rain forest in Brazil?!?!? Anyway, the clueless meteorologists are saying the rain will end by this weekend! So we are having our fun run to Egmont Key on Saturday, starting at noon! We will not be able to do the barbeque cookout at the island, so I recommend bringing some sandwiches, snacks, and whatever else floats your boat (no pun intended). Please bring plenty of water as it will still be a hot day. Some people are bringing their snorkel and SCUBA gear for entertainment. I will bring some water toys and games, and we'll have a bunch of giveaways at the island all day. I ask that the boat with the loudest stereo become the center of the flotilla as the OPBA will rock the island loose!!! Plan on starting the party at around noon on Saturday, and departing around 4:30 ish. Bring plenty of lines and bumpers. And we don't want to see the bumpers that are not much larger than a tampon...get the big ones! See you there!!

If you plan to drink alcohol (duh?!), pace yourselves as we have more fun and parties planned for you at the Mirage in Tierra Verde! We will have a buffet of finger foods and some pizza for the OPBA people. A full menu is available if chicken wings don't do it for you. But let's get there and enjoy the 3 bars, large pool, and hot tub, and mingle with your fellow OPBA members all night. There will be overnight dockage and rooms there. If we have trouble with this we look to our local OPBA residents to lend a docking hand to our out of town members. Also, the Martini Bar at the Mirage is under new management and will be having a grand re-opening party all weekend long. Bring some clothes to shake that booty with as the DJ is guaranteed to make you dance all night! Buckle in folks as this is going to be one of the most fun 'Fun Runs' yet! Please contact the Tierra Verde Resort for rooms at 727-867-8611. Also, contact the dockmaster Rob at 727-866-1487 to secure your overnight dockage.

One of the OPBA's largest sponsors, Thunder Marine, is having a 'Daze of Thunder Rally' Poker Run the following Sunday. Contact Lynda Marsh at 727-424-1831 to enter. You must call her and register by end of business day on Friday, or you are S.O.L. The event looks to have a different layout than our traditional poker runs. But it proves to be a fun one regardless. Again, Contact Lynda Marsh at 727-424-1831 for more information, and she can fax you the Thunder Marine info sheet!

One last thing...The Long Labor Day Weekend Poker Run!!! You need to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible!!!! And make sure you register for the run in a timely manner! This is one you don't want to be sitting on the docks for! Be part of the biggest poker run of the region! This is the event that is going to put the OPBA back on the map!! Hey let's get excited and turn this mutha up!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

Ok, so I should go straight to Egmont Key?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Registered

Yes.......

Quick Reply: August 7th Fun Run In Tampa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.