Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great day of boating/where was everyone? >

Great day of boating/where was everyone?

Notices

Great day of boating/where was everyone?

Old 08-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Great day of boating/where was everyone?

Thanks to Addiction, I had a tremendous day boating today. We ran up to Eggmont Key, in his gorgous 42 Tiger, complete with new 750 Innovation motors, to hook up with fellow OPBA members. Only saw one offshore boat anchored there, a Formula, all other boats were "standard" boats. We ran around looking for people but didn't find any. I understand some went up to "the Pub" up in Treasure Island, but we didn't have the time to make it that far.

Although the day started out rainy, it ended pretty darned good. That Tiger just crushing those six foot swells. Engines roaring, blowers screaming, Van Halen in the headphones with intercom, life just could not have been better.

Thanks Joe for a hell of a day.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Banned

Default Re: Great day of boating/where was everyone?

I was on a job site in Orlando sweating my azz off.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Trying to earn a living ,

Like the rest of the world.

Sunday is our day off !!!!

Tomorrow BOATING YA!!!!!

L.S.

Last edited by lucky strike; 08-07-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Was Told This A.m. That The Get Together Was Postponed Again. Maybe Something Tomorrow- Stay Tuned.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Outlaw, Did you ride to the boat in his Ferrari or the Cobra? joe, lets see what boat you got!! After the hell you went thru...lets see some pictures!!
Old 08-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
I went boating last Sat. I won't be going again for a while. Glad to hear you had a good time.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:26 AM
Registered

Van Halen in intercom crushing waves iin Tiger. Life is good.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Registered

It was raining here all morning and afternoon till about 2..I watched the radar in hopes of a lull in the rain. I'm not dropping 130 worth of fuel to go out in cloudy,overcast,and rain. Then by 5 it started again. This has to be the worse summer for boating yet. Its clouds and rain the whole day not just late afternoon. In fact I was going to try this morning (Sunday) but it's raining as I type with thunder off in the back ground.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed ,

Nice down here at the beach...let me go look outside........sunny...Clouds off to the south west 25+ miles

I ran last night ....great time...These boas are som much f#@!n fun!!!

Give me a call if you decide to splash.

Maximus
727-542-6927
Old 08-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered

Frank, it did look kinda cloudy off to the east, looked like it was past Tampa though, but who knows. All of Tampa Bay was fine by 12:30/12:45. It was sunny and hazy, but all in all, pretty good for what it was around ten. We started up outside from Nokomis and met a solid wall of water around mid-Siesta Key and had to turn around and go back. We ducked back into Gulf Harbor Marine, waited about forty-five minutes and whoa, everything just cleared up. So we tried again and never got a drop. We didn't get back until around six or so. Never saw a single rain drop.

Going back south we thought we'd run inside so Joe could see the route. Well somehow just past Anna Maria, we went too far east, went under a bridge, and ended up in some back hallow, foot and a half water in his Tiger. Anyone who saw us must've thought we were out of our minds up in that creek with that Tiger. Took us an hour to get out. That's one area you REALLY need to have "local knowledge". Once we got back out, we went back towards Shell Island and headed back outside. Then I saw where we went the wrong way. I've only been up that way once and that was two years ago. I wanted to run Sarasota Bay knowing we wouldn't have those six foot swells in there cause Joe really wanted to open up that Tiger, runs out around 94 I think he said. But after our little excursion up into "Deliveranceville" we just we back outside. What a ride.

Now I know why most who run blower motors with hatch scoops facing forward are wearing headphones. LOUD.........FUN........

Thanks Joe, for an incredible day.....

Quick Reply: Great day of boating/where was everyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.