Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   did anyone on OSO actually SEE the fountain make a run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84776-did-anyone-oso-actually-see-fountain-make-run.html)

T2x 08-09-2004 12:03 PM

Re: did anyone on OSO actually SEE the fountain make a run?

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
Awesome Pic. I wonder how effective those steps are when they aren't in the water.. :D

Very ast2xute observat2xion............ :p

T2x

SuperVee 08-09-2004 12:17 PM

Was on the boat across Whichards anchored at the gate buoy with an official. Heard it, saw it, felt it, photographed it, WOWed at it, shook head with amazement at it...you name it. They were flying, no doubt about it. Could barely keep him in my camera.

Jonas 08-09-2004 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer
not acctually see... but was there, did they make 2 runs 1 each way with independent timing people present... i heard oh forget it

or did he go out for a spin and come on claiming to be king

thats funny
are u upset because the ol guys couldnt keep their boat running?

its incredible 177 in a v bottom..

VelocityMark 08-09-2004 02:28 PM

There was about 10 of us from the Charlotte area watching and I Videoed it but I was to busy watching so I missed a little of the first run but have all of the last run. It was awesome to say the least.

GotTheFever 08-09-2004 03:02 PM

Did anybody on OSO actually HEAR the big bang that came from under the OL’s engine hatch?

Just kidding…. I was glad to see the competition between the manufactures; it makes them continue to try to make better boats.

I believe that it was poor sportsmanship for OL to talk up all that smack, and then leave without even making a presence. I wasn’t there, but based on the feedback that I’ve read on the various links, they left town without letting the door smack them on the way out.

US1 Fountain 08-09-2004 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by GotTheFever
Did anybody on OSO actually HEAR the big bang that came from under the OL’s engine hatch?

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Sure would add a lot more credibilty to the 'broken motor' syndrome, if in fact it really did break.
No shame in coming to the races and have a motor break in front of spectators. But for it to break, then get loaded up and hauled out of town with no eye witnessess....................

-------------------------
read between the lines!
------------------------

garysol1 08-09-2004 04:31 PM

I eye-witnessed it leaving town......does that count for anything?

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
But for it to break, then get loaded up and hauled out of town with no eye witnessess....................

read between the lines!
------------------------

Ange 08-09-2004 04:46 PM

Gary, you crack me up!

Hydrocruiser 08-09-2004 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
EXACTLY!!!!!!

Sure would add a lot more credibilty to the 'broken motor' syndrome, if in fact it really did break.
No shame in coming to the races and have a motor break in front of spectators. But for it to break, then get loaded up and hauled out of town with no eye witnessess....................

read between the lines!
------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------
Heard Reggie had 180 MPH as i did the week before...no show
------------------------------------------------------------

Phantom1 08-09-2004 04:57 PM

Pictures and audio files of the run can be found here-

Sir Reginald

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/Ne...kilo_V76-3.gif