Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Washington, NC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84811-washington-nc.html)

The Menace 08-09-2004 10:39 AM

Washington, NC

Well, we went, saw and came home.

Reggie's factory is a great looking facility. The Pamlico river is a great body of water to race.

The town is about as down home as you can possibly get. The folks, and I do mean folks, are as friendly and helpful as you can be. We flew into Washington International :D :D , Warren Field just two miles out of downtown. Same airport where Reggie keeps his Cheyenne. We were there two minutes and they hooked us up with a rental car. Didn't even want a credit card, "son when your done with it bring it back and leave Billy some cash".... Now those are some trusting folks.

Restaurants are kind of on the lean side in Washington. Don't be looking for any of those Starbuck places. No matter where we went they reccommended the Golden Corral, McDonalds and Buddies. We finally found a little Mexican restaurant called "La Tapatios". Some of the best Mex food I have ever had. Margaritas a little light on the Ta-Kill-ya(Tequella) but still good.

They reccommended watching the races from Whichard's Beach. Well in all, this was the only place to watch it from. It was hard to get a good view becasue the course was set so far from the beach itself and also this area had a very irregular shoreline. Could hardly hear the engines. Also the floatilla of water craft or anchorage viewers were moved from what was to be on the far side to in front of the beach. Booo!

Overall, a good race. Always nice looking at the hardware and the rigs. WOW! The Rigs were fantastic.

The race was over and we bolted back to the airport, jumped in the plane, headed back to Ohio, fired up the boat and went to have dinner at the Pump on Kellys.

Another great trip.

Next week Grand Haven and in two weeks LOTO!

Sorry guys forgot the Camera will have it next week.

Downtown42 08-09-2004 10:42 AM

Re: Washington, NC

That's the way to do it!! You got too many toys.

frenzy 08-09-2004 11:44 AM

Sounds like an accurate description of Washington, NC!! We usually just pack a lunch when we head to Fountain!

garysol1 08-09-2004 12:37 PM

the $4.00 Burger lunches at the beach are not bad.......Greasy burger, fries and a sweet tea.......just the way I like it

fountain1fan 08-09-2004 07:20 PM

the jersey boys flat turned out the food

Dirty Race Girl 08-09-2004 07:38 PM

We went to Woogie's for breakfast when we got in Saturday morning - we were a little freaked out with "pork brains" on the menu for breakfast. McDonalds is right - "I'm lovin it!"

fountain1fan 08-09-2004 07:47 PM

brains and eggs a nc favorite not mine , my dad use to eat them once and a while for breakfast .

F1-00 Racing 08-09-2004 10:23 PM

:argue: dont bust it if you havent tryed it there Ms Dirty :argue:

Jana 08-09-2004 10:28 PM

Whichard's Beach Pavillion food, the Jersey Boyz Saturday pit party and Golden Corral to close out the weekend - can't complain too much about the eating this weekend. Thanks for the awesome food, Jersey Boyz! Yous guys know how to party.