Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Signature 38 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84986-signature-38-a.html)

JAdams 04-29-2005 08:03 PM

Re: Signature 38

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics with the 38' Signature Anheuser Busch Natural Light race boat with Tom and Bernie Little (a.k.a the father of "Miss Budweiser")

JAdams 04-29-2005 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey 402al, here is some history for you. Before Tom started Signature he raced a 27' Magnum "Miss America." Here are some pics before and after some race, dont know where. The Girl next to Tom is the real Miss America of 19??

lowblue320 04-30-2005 09:09 AM

jadams,

nice pics love the history....

JAdams 05-05-2005 09:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Couple more pics. The 38' was voted "Best Looking Entry". Bottom pic is Tom with Bernie Little again. I have a ton of pics so hopefully some of you Signature owners out there will appreciate them.
Also I happen to come across a pile of original Signature catalogues and I may be able to let one or two go, so if anyone is really interested let me know and I could mail it out.

JAdams 05-05-2005 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for all you with slow internet connections - here is the last pic. I bet no one has ever seen this one. Guess who...Look OUT dad.
P.S. I read in one of the old articles that the signature was the only boat with a "20 degree rise" or something like that. Whats the signifigance?

AIR TIME 05-05-2005 09:45 PM

:eek: :eek: :D love the pics ,onset bay marina on cape cod did some repair work on one of the 38s that was pulled out of the mold on the cape it was a mess when the owner brought it in he owns a HD dealership off RT495 SOME WHERE Onset did some glass work over stringers,bulkheads custom ALLGRIP PAINT WHITE WITH REVERSE FLAMES IN ORANGE,GREEN BLACK SOUNDS :eek: BUT LARRY THE PAINTER DID THE COOLESS PAINT JOB I have seen cleared the hole boat in allgrip after :cool: never have to wax it if I can get some pitures this summer or I see if I can get larry's Ill post ART

402al 05-06-2005 08:37 AM

J, I'd be very interested in the brochures.. photos etc. I don't know if you're aware but I'm in the process of writing a book on offshore racing's who's who. down Thunder Alley. It'll be more the coffee table style of book, lots of great photo's etc. A large part of the book will be about Signature and Tom Adams. E-mail me and I'll give you my address. Regards Al [email protected]

Chatim Racing 05-06-2005 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by JAdams
Sorry for all you with slow internet connections - here is the last pic. I bet no one has ever seen this one. Guess who...Look OUT dad.
P.S. I read in one of the old articles that the signature was the only boat with a "20 degree rise" or something like that. Whats the signifigance?

Great Picture Adams JR!! - worth 1000 words...

The 20 degrees has to do with having a flatter v bottom as compared to others - which is naturally faster in calmer water...

402al:
Good luck with your book - it sounds cool. Don't forget Banana Boat Co. was also spawned on 188th ST when my dad (Charlie McCarthy) bought the old Cigarette molds from Don in the 70's...In fact, the very first Banana Boat actually was rigged at Magnum...

402al 05-07-2005 09:17 AM

thanks for the encouragement, I'm quite excited about this project, I'm in the early stages of research and gathering. I fully intend to include everyone I can. I'm curently looking for photos, brochures, etc. preferably of the early years for now, but anything pertaining would be appreciated, I'll be happy to return any photos etc, if requested, please mark photos you'd like returned. I can be reached at the above e-mail (thread #87) and I'll send you my mailing address. All contributors, with their permission, will be included in the acknowledgments. Regards Al

Surgin' General 02-23-2006 03:30 AM

I think it's time for an update....!

here's a quick vid to get you Signature buff's ready for spring..

http://media.putfile.com/OSO-clip_0002