Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Manhasset Bay Poker Run.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85023-manhasset-bay-poker-run.html)

Here's Johnny 08-11-2004 05:11 PM

Manhasset Bay Poker Run....

...Who is going to be there? Who is going to run? I am thinking of running around to the North Shore this weekend and keeping the boat there for a week or two so I can enter the run...

It has been a few years since I have attended this run so if someone knows the stops help me out here... I know the first card is LaMattas in Port Washington...the second is somewhere in Connecticut??...the third Is back in Huntington??? The fourth I think is in the Bronx somewhere then the final is back at Lamottas...anyone know the exact stops???

Billy Frenz 08-11-2004 08:10 PM

Re: Manhasset Bay Poker Run....

The MANHASSET BAY GOLD CUP POKER RUN begins at LaMotta's Restaurant/Manhasset Bay Marina, 10 Matinecock Avenue, in Port Washington, NY; goes to the Dolfin Restaurant/Marina in Bridgeport, CT; then to a 50' Albin Trawlwer anchored in Cold Springs Harbor in Oyster Bay; then to the Port Chester Yacht Club at the tip of the Byram River(the border line between Connecticut and New York); then returns to LaMotta's.
The entry fee has been reduced to $400.00 and you get 2 hands in the game for that price. Additional hands are $100.00 each. The winner get $5,000.00 cash. Additional awards will be given out for the "Best Looking Crew"(bring the girls with the skimpy suits) and the "Best Looking Boat" plus more. Friday Nite's "Good Voyage" Party begins at 7 PM and Saturday's Award's Party begins at 2 PM. The run is over at 5 pm and the Award's will follow. Both parties are "a la carte"...just pay for what you eat and drink.
Registration opens on Friday, August 20th, at 2 pm and Saturday morning at 9 am. The run begins at 12 noon. Dockage is free at LaMotta's, but bring your bumpers for rafting. Some great boats and people are coming.
For further information my e-mail is: [email protected] or my phone is 203-532-1312.
See ya' there....
Billy Frenz
NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION

Here's Johnny 08-11-2004 09:41 PM

Thanx for the info Billy...count me in!!! Anyone else going to run???

Stormrider 08-12-2004 07:24 AM

I've never done one, but might be a good starting point.
$400 is alot though.

X-cited 08-12-2004 07:43 AM

My wife and I participated in the NYC Poker Run in June. The fee was $550 with only one poker hand. This run is a great value. Worth the money. Billy puts on a top notch event. If I had the time we would do the Manhasset Run. Getting to the North Shore without a trailer is an obstacle.

Stormrider 08-12-2004 03:11 PM

So who else will be doing this?

hugetime1 08-12-2004 03:23 PM

whats up billy frenzo , sorry i won't be there to livin up the party.

Here's Johnny 08-13-2004 01:29 PM

Ttt....anybody Else Going????

TomFTM 08-13-2004 02:55 PM

I will be there with my 37 O.L.
I know there will be a few other OL's there.

Tom

Stormrider 08-13-2004 03:02 PM

I'm trying to get a crew together.
Do I bring one guy who likes to rip? or a few hotties, but will probably be whinning. :(