Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1988 26 foot chris craft stinger (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85085-1988-26-foot-chris-craft-stinger.html)

fund razor 08-13-2004 08:38 AM

Re: 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Dave: you need to look at mine when you get a chance.

Mike: That's cool! Congrats! Does she have a sister? Show her the picture.

glassdave 08-13-2004 09:08 AM

seems we keep passing by on the water :D . . are you out for the season? i will be at LP on sunday im pretty sure. i'll try an call you on your cell :cool:

fund razor 08-13-2004 09:10 AM

I don't know if I am out for the season or not, I'm out with that shifting problem. I found some cracks that I don't like though. It would be cool if you took a look some time. Maybe there's a gig for you this winter.

The boat's at Brenner because I haven't had the patience...

Scott said to take it to Reno. Who's Reno?

Maybe I'll come to LP and sit on a chair on the dock.

fund razor 08-13-2004 09:12 AM

:drink: (This was on the topic because we both have 26 foot Stingers.)

glassdave 08-13-2004 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor
:drink: (This was on the topic because we both have 26 foot Stingers.)

yea . . an i think the only two left in the water:D its like the GremlinX of powerboating.

Reno= Tizbad4 on OSO. hes an ace wrench especially Scorpions. he's kept mine go'n. i'm not sure if he has any Cobra drive knowledge but he is pretty good. (dont let him hear that though his head will get bigger than it is already :rolleyes: )

fund razor 08-13-2004 10:08 AM

Dave: I'm curious to see what you think about my hull issues. I'm not worried too much about weight, because I bought it as a wave crusher anyway. This was a chop absorber, not a speed racer.

So if I need to add glass, retab, and maybe even epoxy the bottom, I might do it.
I can't get chit for the boat how it is now.

If my glass issues can be addressed, I might think about new drives. That would put 5 or more years back on the life of the boat.

Island Time 08-17-2004 09:13 AM

Fund Razor,

Man, sounds like you've had a rough summer. What kind of chop you going thru on Erie to mess up your hull like that. Also curious...What are the tabs you describe as breaking....May need to check mine.

glassdave 08-17-2004 12:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Island Time- welcome to the board. the tabs Fund is referring to are the fiberglass joints that bond the hull, deck and stringers together. they are usually fiberglass strips about 10 inches or so wide used to assemble the boat. in the industry they are called "tabbing". in the mid eighties CC had alot of trouble with poor construction of the Stinger and Scorpion due the these joints. i believe most were in the 30+ foot range though. i have an 85 260 and it is built like a brick haven't had a bit of trouble with it. what do you have and do you have any pics? heres a few pics of mine. enjoy the sight theres lots of knowledge here

batty 08-17-2004 02:18 PM

Whoa, Look at that pretty trailer :D :D
I dont know whos is worse looking mine or yours! :eek:

did you get your out drive fixed? will be on woodtick this weekend maybe will see ya there :drink:
Brad

glassdave 08-17-2004 02:50 PM

sure did Brad. i was worried about my boat sitting on that trailer for too long. man that thing is humble :D :D. i was on woodtick pretty much all day sunday. never got a drop of rain on me but i watched downtown get pounded all day. i will be out there this weekend as well. see ya out there. :cool: