Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85166-charley-makes-landfall-ft-myers.html)

cuda 08-13-2004 08:40 PM

Re: CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers

Wind is picking up, lights are flickering. We are lighting the hurricane lamps right now.

Formula Outlaw 08-13-2004 08:41 PM

Mike, by reading this, I'm sending you some of my luck. What a strange feeling, good luck for a change. And you can bet I'm buying some lottery tickets.

When I get to post the pictures of "Outlaw" you'll chuckle. Looks like "bondage" it's tied so much. What a relief to look back on all the prep work we did and laugh about how much overkill it turned out to be. Deb just came out and commented how nice it was to be watching tv in the bedroom with the a/c just humming along. However, it could have been so much worse. 145 mph winds and a 15 ft. storm surge, wouldn't be a whole lot left of my little neighborhood I'm afraid.

Be safe Mike and take care. Russ

rws 08-13-2004 08:48 PM

My Inlaws live in Port Charlotte on a Canal,My Sister in Law lives in Punta Gorda in A Trailer and My Wifes Niece Lives in a Condo near The Water in Charlotte Harbor Her Mom Told My Wife at noon Today that They Were all going to "Ride it out" at their Homes! We have been unable to contact anyone. Does anybody know how Bad it really was ?I have not seen the Area shown on the News as I had to work on a 2.5 Drag Motor (Egg Beater)this evening.We have our fingers crossed.

Rob

Formula Outlaw 08-13-2004 09:03 PM

Rob, I don't want to alarm you but those locations were among those hit hard, not the hardest, but hard. At least they were on the "north" side of the storm. That would have helped a little. If you like, PM me some contact names and numbers and I'll try from down here. If you have not heard anything by tomorrow I'd go down there looking for you. I'm only about 35 miles north.

Joe, you, Deb, and the refugees be safe up there. I don't think anyone had a clue about the way this storm would turn out. Here's luck to you my man.....Russ

rws 08-13-2004 09:08 PM

Thank You
Formula Outlaw

Rob

cuda 08-13-2004 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The exitement of the storm has Rag's on the edge of his seat.

I just took this picture.

Dangerous Dave 08-13-2004 09:11 PM

My prayers go out to all those that got hit hard. We got very lucky in St. Pete. I left last night with my construction equipment and my Cigarette strapped to the trailer with the drain plug out and tied to a tree. I figured if the big surge came in it would just sink in my driveway. My house is only about 100 yards away from tampa bay. It is amazing how your priorities change when something like this happens.

Formula Outlaw 08-13-2004 09:11 PM

Wow, the wind must be just screaming......:D

Ms PatriYacht 08-13-2004 09:19 PM

Am, I seeing things or is that an OSO shirt :D

Mr P and I have been watching the news :eek: we really don't know anyone down south, except for our OSO buddies. We keep thinking about you, we are worried about Huge and his boat, we are not sure that was a good idea of his. Anyway I can't wait until tomorrow or Sunday and we know how everyone is. I feel bad since I have been complaining about the weather in MI, colder than norm and not much sun, but I will take our weather over what you guys are going through. Please keep us posted so we know you are OK, best wishes from your friends up in MI
Donna & Ian

cuda 08-13-2004 09:43 PM

The eye passed south of us. I could tell because the wind was coming from the wrong direction of what we expected. I think the worse is behind us. Wind is still gusting, and small limbs are hitting the house.